|0.9|

Guys. We've hit 1k reads, and #22 in #deltarune. In 2 weeks. wtf guys thank you so much. Holy shit the shortest time for me getting to 1k before this was 3 months. Thank you guys so much. I'll be doing a Q&A celebration for this later, and I might do an insert your oc into the story thing later, too. Thank you so much.

Kris' Pov

Clover let us go, and so we continued on our journey.

But something just wouldn't leave my mind.

Susie's ideal partner sounded a hecking ton like me. But that was just a coincidence.

Right?

-[more time skips brought to you by kris saying hecking ton]-

Finally, the King who stood before us began to pant, growing more tired with every attack.

"Enough... Is enough... I see... That I cannot defeat you... I have grown exhausted from our long battle." He fell to his knees and his cape flew away. A wave of relief washed over me.

"Lightners... I... Perhaps I have been too cruel. The truth is... I was not always this way. There once was a time... where Darkners and Lightners lived in harmony. A time where Darkners could fulfill their purpose in peace... It would be a lie to say that I, too... do not yearn for those days. Perhaps... Perhaps you young ones are right. Please, let us put away our weapons. There must be a peaceful solution to all this."

He seemed as though he was being sincere, but I wasn't sure. Still, I cautiously put away my sword. Ralsei lowered his hands, and his scarf settled at his sides. Susie didn't move. She looked at me uneasily. I tilted my head, motioning her that it was okay, and that she would be safe, even if I wasn't quite sure it was true. I knew one thing, and that was that if anyone refused to put their weapons away, King would definitely attack. Susie sighed, but placed her axe on the ground.

"I'm glad you're starting to realize, Mr. King... None of us really want to fight. If you can just tell us about your worries... I'm sure we can all be friends, Mr. King!" Ralsei smiled in relief. Poor guy was so fluffy and naive, his fur was sopping up everything King said like a sponge.

"Y-yes... 'Friends'... That sounds lovely..." He coughed. "My apologies, I am... I am not used to fighting like that... My body is... getting weak..." He coughed again. Ralsei ran up to King before I could stop him.

"Oh, don't say another word!" I wanted to shout for Ralsei to stop, but was too late. He had already healed King.

"There, you should be all healed up!" Ralsei smiled like an idiot. I had a terrible sinking feeling in my stomach. "How do you feel?" Ralsei asked.

"L-let's see... King said slowly and darkly.

A barrage of sharpened spades shot through the area. I barely dodged getting decapitated and had several cuts all over. I looked over to see Susie lying on the ground. She hadn't been so lucky with dodging, and was in rough shape. 

"Never better." King finished.

Susie forced herself onto her knees. "Y-you-" King cut her off. Three spades appeared before her and were slowly creeping in on her. I could tell she didn't have the strength to stand.

"Did I say you could get up?" He glared.

The spades shot towards her at lightning pace. I knew I couldn't let her take that hit. I had to move fast. I shot my body in front of her and raised my shield just before they hit her.

I would not allow Susie to get hurt any more than she already was.