|1.6|

Kris' Pov

I should've known, and I shouldn't have gotten upset. Of course Susie feels nothing for me. Yesterday was just for research, just like it started for me.

I should've known Susie didn't like me, why should she? What did I have that would make her like me?

Why was I all caught up on this?

"Kris! Wait, I-" Susie called from behind me. I stopped as not to be rude. She quickly appeared by my side.

"Kris, I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said."

"So there is something there?" I demanded skeptically.

"No- I mean yes- I mean- Look, Kris. I... I don't know how I feel. All I know is that you are more than a friend to me. I mean, do you really think I would do what I did yesterday if there wasn't something there? Come on, you've known me for two days and you should already know me better than that!"

I nodded slowly.  "So you wouldn't be upset if I-"

I inched my face closer to hers.

"Just-"

A little closer... I was on my tiptoes at this point. Her face was bright red.

Suddenly, she closed the distance. I damn near jumped out of my skin, I was so surprised.

Then, I began to melt into the kiss. My previous anxiety slowly fell away as the bliss returned. When we could hold our breath no longer, our lips parted.

"I-I'm sorry, I know you probably weren't serious, but you were so close and I couldn't hold myself back-" Susie clapped her hands over her mouth as her face grew redder still. I couldn't help but to giggle.

"Susie, calm down. I was serious as hecc. I was just hoping that you'd have enough time to say no if you wanted to. The truth is, even though I've only known you for two days, I feel closer to you than I have to anyone I've ever met, even my own brother. I feel like we've been friends for our whole lives, and we saved a world together! How many friends can say that? I don't know what I feel for you, but I know that you mean a lot to me, and I hope you know that."

Susie wrapped me in a strong and comforting hug.

"Thank you," she responded.

~~~~~~~~~~
Short and sweet :)