|2.7|

Kris' Pov

I arrived home and swung the door open. 

 "Kris! There you are! I was getting scared. Are you okay?" Toriel sighed. I remembered the instructions Susie had given me.

 "Yeah, I'm fine, why?" I asked.

 " You didn't hear, did you? Kris, your friend Susie went missing. The police are looking for her right now, but nobody knows what happened to her. All anyone knows is that Officer Undyne got a call from her father. He apparently sounded very worried." I almost laughed. So the guy could act, huh? He wasn't the only one. Following the act of my own, I opened my eyes a little wider.

"Oh my god. I have to help!" I acted scared and surprised.

"No way! They don't know what happened, for all we know, she may have been kidnapped! What would happen if heaven forbid she was and you found her? I might never see you again! The police have it handled and are working as fast as possible. She will be back safe and sound with her father soon." That was the most untrue statement I had ever heard. I was getting nervous with all this talk of potentially never seeing her again, even if I knew she hadn't been kidnapped. That didn't mean she was safe.

"Please, I'll be super careful! I need to help, even if she her snuck out or something." 

"No! Look, if it'll make you feel better, I'll ask Officer Undyne to call us when they find her, okay?" I nodded. That would be a good thing to know.

I ran upstairs and pulled out my phone, waiting for a call or message.