|2.2|

Susie's Pov

I ran down the road in the middle of the night. I had clearly not thought this through properly. How on earth was I going to find Asriel? I already had a hard time seeing due to my hair obstructing my vision, so the darkness was a bit overkill.

I began calling out to him, desperate to find even a trace so that I could track him. Unsurprisingly, there were no responses. I still felt anger welled up inside me, so I decided to sit down and take a breather to try and calm down.

Well, let's look at this from a different perspective. I mean, I'm sure Asriel gets swamped with college... Maybe something came up and he forgot? Or maybe it was all a misunderstanding. i mean, he did look pretty upset when he realized he had hurt Kris... Not to mention the fact that he's probably really been feeling the pressure recently. His entire life, he's been encouraged to be this precious, perfect little angel. That's hard on anyone. I'm just an overprotective jerk.

I sighed.

 "If you're anywhere around here, I want to say that I overreacted, I'm overprotective, and I'm sorry." I stood up and began walking away.

 ...

I walked back inside and saw Kris and Toriel hugging. They looked worried. They looked up and saw me.

 "Susie!" I heard relief rush into their voice.

 "Hey." Kris jumped up and wrapped their arms around me. I hugged them back. They then backed away and pulled my hands into the light, studying each one carefully. Awe filled their expression.

 " No dust... Wow, you actually resolved this without violence! I'm proud of you." They hugged me again.

 "Nah, I just couldn't find him. But I guess that's good, I mean, I didn't bite his face off, so I'd call that a success." I responded. As much as I'd like to, I couldn't take the credit for not tearing him to pieces. That was his doing.

 "Regardless, you were clearly able to calm yourself down, and many people wouldn't have been able to. You were mature and cleared your mind. That's impressive for someone your age." Toriel said. That caught me by surprise. She seemed so critical of me when she opened the door, and now she was complimenting me.

A beeping sound filled the silence. Toriel jumped up.

 "Oh, that's the pie! Let's go sit down, I'll get the pie out, and then we can all eat, how does that sound?" Everyone nodded in agreement, as the pie smelled heavenly. I practically saw the water dripping from Kris' mouth.

 We began towards the kitchen when Toriel held up her hand. We stopped. She pointed upwards. Color filled my cheeks. I didn't need to look up, I already knew what she was pointing at. I still looked up anyway. 

Mistleoe.

Kris looked at me. Their face was practically a beet. I assumed mine wasn't far off, either.

 "Uh..." Kris began.

 "Nope, Christmas traditions, you have to do it, Kris! Unlessunless you don't want to, Susie." Toriel explained. My face got even redder.

 "Well- uh- I'm not- I mean-" I began.

"Well?" Toriel asked.

"I'm... I'm not opposed to it..." I whispered. Toriel squealed and I swear I almost whipped my head around to find Clover head #1. Kris smiled a tiny bit. I don't think they thought I noticed.

"Well alright then. Let's do it," they said.

I leaned down slowly, but they stood on their toes and closed the distance. It was amazing.

"Pardon me." To risk left the room, screamed at the top of her lungs (which is loud, have you ever heard a goat yell?) and returned to get out the pie. Kris and I, still blushing messes, sat on opposite sides of the table. Toriel sat at the head. 

"So Susie, do you enjoy pie?"