|4.5|

...

Toriel woke up at 11 am. She got out of bed and walked through the unusually quiet house. She poked around suspiciously, trying to find where Kris and Susie had gone. When she didn't find them, she assumed that they had just gone out and would be back by dinner.

However, they didn't show up for dinner later that night. They didn't appear in the night, and they didn't arrive for breakfast. Toriel had called around, and nobody has seen either of the two. After another day filled with police searches and panic attacks, nothing had changed and people started to assume the worst...

Kris and Susie were dead.

~~~~~~~~~~

Susie

"Kris! Kris!" I shook them, trying to wake them up. They had collapsed on the ground after Lancer's explanation. I watched as their eyes opened. A wave of relief washed over me.

"What happened?" they asked, sitting up and rubbing the back of their head. Lancer looked at the ground. The poor boy was probably terrified out of his mind.

"You passed out. We have to get to Card Castle, now. Ralsei needs to be stopped," I said, holding my hand out for them. They stared at me with fear filled eyes.

"I really don't think that's a good idea, Susie..." they insisted. I looked at them, shocked.

"What are we gonna do, leave them like this? And besides, we can't get home until we finish this." Kris sighed and reluctantly grabbed my hand. I hoisted them up.

"I guess... I guess you have a point. Just please be careful?"

"Sure, whatever." They seemed overly terrified of what could happen here. Sure, it was pretty scary to know that your friend enslaved an entire kingdom and you were the ones who would have to stop him, but Kris reaction was a bit much. After all, it was still just Ralsei. How much harm could he do?

I picked Lancer up and put him on my shoulders as Kris and I continued towards the door.

~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so the top portion is not what happened since they fell, but what will happen up there over the next few parts.