|4.1|

Alright, this is the big step. I am confident that I can continue this book again and actually stick to it. Also I think this chapter is really cute

Just realized that it took 40 chapters for them to even go out on a date, and yet still people have the patience to read it XD

How do you do it?

Kris

Susie and I stared in each other's eyes for a few more seconds before I grabbed her hand. I resumed walking, now much more excited and confident about this date. I pulled Susie along behind me towards the cafe. I shoved the door open and smiled at Susie. I pointed to a booth near the corner. She nodded and we sat down across from each other.

"Hello, may I take your- Krusie...?" Susie groaned. Catti was their waitress. She had recently started just referring to Susie and I as 'Krusie' whenever we were together (always).

"Catti, please don't call us that. It's really annoying," Susie requested politely.

"Right, sorry. May I take your order?"

"Two hot chocolates, please!" I piped in. Catti raised an eyebrow.

"Someone seems cheery today, any specific reason?" I looked her right in the eye.

"Yes, but I don't know if it's something I want to be known yet, or if it will be, it depends on someone else's decision."

"Kris, you already know they'll find out. It's only a matter of time until it's being whispered behind our back, might as well. Unless you're uncomfortable with it, of course," Susie interjected.

"You're right, Susie. Catti, Susie and I are on a date." I said, a respectful volume and proud. I saw Susie's eyes shine with disbelief from the corner of my eye.

"Finally! God, everyone's been waiting for this. Literally ever since you two looked at each other for the first time. There has always been a weird spark that told everyone not to get close." Catti said. She had clearly been shipping us for some time now, and was trying not to die mentally. "Alright, I'll get you guys your hot chocolates, anything else?" I looked at Susie.

"Could I get a cinnamon bunny, please?" she asked. Catti nodded and cracked a rare smile. She turned around and entered the door to the kitchen. I grabbed and squeezed Susie's hand beneath the table and smiled brightly at her. I was sure that everyone in the cafe could feel the admiration resonating off of me, directed towards her.

I truly do love her.