|4.0|

Happy 40th! Third time's the charm, right? :D

Susie (again)

I felt anxiety grow inside me the closer the minute hand got to the number 12. It was nearly 3:00. I was looking forward to it and dreading it all at once. As soon as the clock hit 3, I was going out with Kris. I was still trying to wrap my head around that. After everything I had done and everything they had done for me... I didn't deserve it.

"...and that's it for your afternoon announcements. Enjoy the rest of your day!" Miss Alphys didn't even stutter. She had gotten much more confident. I felt my face grow bright crimson.

Slowly, I packed away my school stuff, including my spare journal, which I used for stress writing (I had done a lot of that today). I looked up and saw a red-faced Kris standing in the doorway. Our eyes met and our faces got two shades redder before we both looked away, embarrassed.

"Hey, you okay Susie?" Noelle asked, seeing my red face. She looked where I had been looking and squealed. "Susie, are you busy after class?" It was a trap.

"Y-yeah..." I sighed. Butterflies flew in my stomach. I was insanely nervous. Noelle smiled.

"Alright, I'll leave you to it!" She left, leaving Kris and I the only ones left. I grabbed my stuff and joined them. We clasped our hands together and walked out, side by side. Neither one of us said a word.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to, Susie. Please don't do this just to make me happy," they said sadly. I stopped and looked at them, shocked.

"What?! Why wouldn't I want to!?" I asked. I couldn't believe they just said that.

"You look reluctant..." They avoided my gaze. I reached and put my hand on the side of their face and pulled their head to look at me. A tiny tear say in the corner of their glimmering scarlet eyes.

"Kris, I wouldn't do this if I didn't want to. To tell you the truth, I'm just... Really, really nervous. I've never had a friend before you, let alone a significant other, or whatever you are to me. You're really special to me. I love you." They looked shocked. I was confused until I realized what I had said. "I-I mean-" They cut me off with a kiss. I melted into it and wrapped my arms around their back. We stayed like that until we could no longer. We separated and started panting.

"I love you too, Susie," they whispered back.

~~~~~~~~~~

Don't remember if they said that her but whatever it's happening again