brushfire

"No, no, move your hand over here," Blaine said quietly, and he reached down and picked Kurt's left hand off the keyboard and moved it down just a few keys. "A full octave lower, and the left hand is all on the natural keys. It's like this," and he started to sing, pressing Kurt's fingers down into each key.

When he'd asked Blaine to teach him something new, he'd imagined sitting next to his boyfriend, pressed thigh-to-thigh on this bench he'd once perched on for their duet. It seemed sweet, romantic, a nice way to remind himself of how far they'd come since he'd played coy and flirtatious. He didn't need to be coy anymore, but he still loved being flirtatious with Blaine.

But clearly he could take lessons in flirting from his boyfriend, who took a more hands-on approach to musical instruction: he promptly pulled Kurt into his lap and wrapped an arm around his waist to pull him tightly back so he could reach around Kurt to the keyboard. At first Kurt had felt awkward, hyperaware of Blaine's body beneath and behind him. Blaine's feet lifted and fell to press the pedals, and each time Blaine's firm thigh shifted underneath him, Kurt was newly aware that his ass was pressing down on Blaine's legs, that Blaine's groin was snug beneath him. And every time he murmured direction to Kurt, showing him where to move his hand or singing a few bars for Kurt to echo, his breath brushed past Kurt's neck and ear, his cheeks and hair brushing and tickling at Kurt's sensitized skin.

Kurt was boneless. Blaine moved his hands for him and they rested wherever he left them. Blaine pressed his fingers into the keys and Kurt just let the music flow through him. He was as played as the piano, his body a conduit between this beautiful boy and the instrument that he loved. He curved his body, let his torso sag into Blaine's, relaxed into him as Blaine's hands moved across his own and across the keyboard, as his arms relaxed and tightened around Kurt as he reached for higher or lower keys to press.

The piece finished and Blaine stopped playing, resting his hands on the keyboard and leaning forward to rest his forehead against Kurt's hair, his breath coming in fast little gusts against the back of Kurt's neck. Kurt suddenly realized that Blaine had gone a little tense and, oh, he was hard; there was a new pressure under Kurt's ass, and he couldn't help wiggling into it a little bit. This was new, and he wanted to learn it, know its feel and shape and size.

Blaine's hands flew from the keys to grip his hips tightly, and Kurt got it – best to be still just now. But fuck, this was glorious and he'd never felt sexier, and he didn't want it to stop. He took Blaine's hands and lifted them to his lips, kissing them both before he replaced them on the keys. "I'll be good, but will you keep playing?" he asked very quietly, turning his head to meet his eyes. Blaine looked at him, his eyes so close that Kurt could see the sweep of every lash as he blinked slowly, and after a few long seconds he gave the tiniest nod.

Kurt felt Blaine slide his hands under the piano, pushing Kurt's knees apart until his feet were braced on the floor on either side of Blaine's legs and he was straddling Blaine's lap, his hips tilted a little forward and his body curved back even more, pressing his back into Blaine's chest. Kurt kept his body loose, thinking he couldn't be tense if he tried, and as Blaine started playing again, he felt Blaine's chest rise and fall as he breathed in time with the music. Their bodies moved together for long, peaceful minutes, and when Kurt's head tipped back to rest on Blaine's shoulder, he left it there only a minute before turning his head and beginning to kiss his boyfriend's neck.

The music didn't falter, and Kurt kept kissing him, gentle sweet kisses at first but oh, the warmth and smell of him was incredible, and Kurt sucked a light kiss on the tendon of his neck before he licked a line up to the warm place behind his ear where Blaine's hair always got curly first. He kissed his earlobe, licked the shell of his ear, then lightly took the lobe between his teeth.