hotel

Their flight is crowded. It's noisy like flights always are, but neither Chris nor Darren really pay much attention, both so used to going through the motions. It almost feels natural to be airborne these days. Except this time they're headed toward relaxation and privacy rather than the usual chaos. Chris can barely contain his excitement.

They get seats together near the front of the plane and sit with their heads close, arms touching on the armrest between them.

About halfway through the flight, Darren has to lean into Chris a little as the people across from them get out of their seats and move into the aisle. He raises an eyebrow, coy, as the two of them make their way together to the back of the plane, most likely to use the washroom, Chris supposes.

"What?" Chris asks when Darren starts to laugh a little, a low chuckle.

"Nothing," Darren says. He shakes his head and focuses on the novel in his lap, thumb brushing back and forth over the edges of the pages, worn from being read too many times.

"Okay," Chris says suspiciously. He flips his own magazine back open and pretends not to care.

They read in silence until the couple returns to their seats. There's no mistaking the laugh trying to force its way out of Darren's throat, now. When Chris glances up at him, Darren's got his lips pressed together tight to hide the sound. His shoulders shake with it.

"What?" Chris asks again, eyebrows drawn together. He's kind of annoyed that Darren isn't sharing the joke, and checks out the couple critically for something, anything that might be funny. "Darren, what the fuck."

Darren smirks and nods his head in the couple's direction. He carefully lowers his voice. "I wonder if they... you know. In the bathroom." He waggles his eyebrows, adorable despite the over-the-top, perverted leer on his face, looks like he's hinting at something dirty. Chris can't help himself. He explodes into laughter, like he often does when Darren's being goofy (which is admittedly several times a day). A little embarrassed, because Darren barely has to try anymore to get reactions like this, Chris claps both hands over his mouth to stifle his laughter.

"You're ridiculous!" Chris hisses once he can speak through the giggles. He shakes his head because Darren is kind of a child. He really, really is.

"Hey now," Darren says, holding his hands out in defense. He can barely contain his smile. "I've always wanted to join the Mile High Club, you know? That guy's badass."

"You've always wanted to-- on a plane?" Chris asks, sort of incredulous. His sex life has woken up considerably since adding Darren to the mix, but some things still make Chris blush like a virgin on Prom night. He's not a prude, but Darren? Is kind of a slut.

"Hey, man, why not?" Darren is being far too casual about this, Chris thinks. He hopes Darren isn't serious, that he doesn't have a kink for-- but, um, then again, Chris maybe really hopes he does. The very idea of it, of how public it would be, how many people would be able to hear them and know exactly what was going on...

"I doubt it would feel any different," Chris says, fighting to make his own voice just as nonchalant as Darren's.

"What," Darren asks, "you don't think it would be a total rush?"

"It would get us in trouble," Chris says, but it's a feeble protest because yeah, Darren's right, it really fucking would be a rush. He glances around, making sure no one can overhear them over the sound of the engine, and sees Darren shrug.

"It would be so awesome. So awesome. That's all I'm saying."

It hits Chris pretty hard that Darren is... Darren is totally serious. He's not saying dirty things just to make Chris laugh or blush. He sincerely has a fantasy of the two of them fooling around in an airplane bathroom, mid-flight, and is offering the idea to Chris right now. Chris bites his lip hard and maybe lets his imagination run a little wild. To be able to give Darren something he's thought about forever but has never done, to be the first one to do this for him... Chris wants. It's stupid and reckless and they really should not be doing this, but Chris wants anyway.