make up sex

It's a week and a half later, and their kiss in the elevator still makes Kurt shift in his seat, makes his heart pound harder in his chest. He and Blaine haven't talked about it; in fact, he and Blaine haven't had much conversation since the invitational. Every time Kurt tries to initiate a conversation via text, Blaine always replies that he's "busy" or "dealing with some stuff right now, later?" and he hasn't seen him since the performances either. Kurt doesn't know what's going on, but if space is what Blaine needs, then he'll get it. Kurt's going to be a good friend.

Friend, right. He scoffs to himself.

In his bedroom, sitting cross legged on the floor, he looks over the sheet music he has laid on the carpet, trying to figure out which songs he wants to go over with Rachel for a lesson for this week's Glee club. His phone lights up on his knee where he has it balanced; a reply from Blaine to a text Kurt had sent that morning – a simple Are you okay?

Kurt takes a deep breath and unlocks his screen, taking in Blaine's text with a furrowed brow and teeth biting his lips.

Can you come over?

-

Deep breaths, he tells himself as he stares at the door in front of him. All he has to do is knock, everything will be fine.

Kurt nods to himself, takes in a sharp breath and rolls his shoulders back, raises his fist to knock on Blaine's door when it's suddenly pulled open.

Blaine sends him a small smile, doesn't mention the fact that Kurt has been talking himself up to just knock for ten minutes, and simply waves him inside.

The apartment looks so different now; gone are the obnoxious decorations Brittany provided. Instead there are warm browns, grey and burgundy. A vintage typewriter in the corner, records on a table and a beautiful wood bookshelf along one wall.

This is Blaine's apartment, Kurt's realizing as he looks around, not Blaine and Dave's apartment, just Blaine.

He turns to face Blaine, who's looking soft, sleepy and comfortable in his pajama pants and-

"Is that my sweater?"

It is, he knows it is. When they were together it was the one clothing item he had that Blaine shamelessly stole all the time. It had fit Kurt perfectly, but on Blaine it's just a bit looser, and it would slide down his shoulder constantly, showing off perfectly tanned skin that Kurt would kiss a hundred times over.

Blaine ducks his head, a flush appearing on his cheeks. "You know it is, Kurt. Sorry I never gave it back. I guess I just couldn't..." He pauses, looks up at Kurt with his eyes wide, "I guess I just couldn't let it go."

The breath Kurt takes then is quick and sharp, his mouth opening to form words he doesn't yet know. Blaine takes a slow step forward, his hands curling into fists at his sides.

"I broke up with Dave. And I know what you're thinking so just – let me talk, okay? I ended things before that whole... fiasco with Sue and the elevator. Dave and I were never meant to be and I think we both knew that going in. You have to understand Kurt, I was in a really, really bad place and Dave got it, you know? He was there for me and I will always be grateful to him for that. And we will never stop being close friends. I mean just yesterday we had our traditional Friday night football get together. But, I realized that I will never stop having feeling for you and that I – that I'll never stop loving you, no matter how hard I try."

Kurt sits down as Blaine turns away from him and starts to pace.

"You hurt me so badly Kurt, I know you know that. And it has taken me a very long time to be able to look at you without feeling that crushing feeling in my chest. I am in no way saying that I'm at that point where I trust you fully again, but I'm on my way. It helps that Rachel sort of told me that you've been seeing someone, don't be mad at her for telling me, okay? I think it's great, Kurt and I'm so proud of you."