royalty

Neither Blaine nor Kurt had expected Burt to allow Blaine to stay the night just like that, but after explaining why the two of them were carrying a plastic crown with them Burt had been quick to suggest the young Warbler to stay over. "For comfort," Burt had said when they'd shot him disbelieving looks. "Unless you'd rather I'd send Blaine here on his way home?"

Safe to say they'd both hurried to thank the mechanic, before excusing themselves to Kurt's bedroom, where Blaine had spent the following hours soothing Kurt as the countertenor cried for hours.

Blaine had been grateful for the opportunity of being there for his boyfriend. It would have been hell lying in his own bed, imagining all the ways the pale junior surely was hurting. Not that it had been a walk in the park watching his boyfriend in pain, not at all, but he didn't felt as useless as Kurt had clung to him, sobbing his hurt out onto his shoulder.

"It wasn't all bad though," Kurt had confessed when no more tears would fall, glancing up through reddened eyes at the tenor. "I got to dance with you, didn't I?"

Blaine had smiled, before kissing the older boy's forehead. "Yeah, you did. But I got to dance with the most gorgeous boy there. You."

Kurt had giggled quietly, kissed Blaine's cheek after telling him off for lying (which Blaine had vehemently denied, his boyfriend was most definitely the most beautiful person ever, whether the countertenor agreed to it or not), and fallen asleep within moments. Blaine, however, had stayed awake another hour, just watching the angel in his arms, allowing his arms to protect and keep his boy safe from any more harm. Then he too had slowly fallen asleep.

Now, several hours later Blaine woke up confused. He wasn't in his own room, and there was a heavy weight resting across his chest. Then he recognized the space around him to be his boyfriend's room, and the events of the previous night quickly trickled into his memory. Curling his arms tighter around the taller boy Blaine drew him ever so slightly closer, sighing softly as he felt his boyfriend burrowing closer to his warmth.

"B'ne?" Kurt mumbled sleepily, shifting his head back and forth before once more falling asleep. It worked just as well for Blaine, he enjoyed just having the other boy so close. It didn't matter if they were both awake or not.

Closing his eyes Blaine settled back against the pillows, attempting to find sleep again.

It didn't work for long, for soon he felt something twitching against his thigh. It took him a moment to realize just what it was, but when he did he could feel the corner of his mouth tug upwards. Apparently someone was excited.

"Kurt?" Blaine whispered, rubbing the other boy's shoulder gently. "What are you dreaming about, honey? Kurt?"

"Hmm? 'M not dreamin'," Kurt mumbled, scrunching his nose up adorably as he let out a tiny yawn. Blaine had known his boyfriend was the most gorgeous guy ever, but he'd never seen him as cute as in that moment.

"Are you sure?" Blaine asked teasingly, trailing his fingers up the soft alabaster skin of Kurt's arm.

"Mhmm," Kurt hummed, pushing himself even closer to Blaine than before and inhaling the familiar scent of his boyfriend. Then, when feeling something, Kurt froze up before pulling himself backwards, putting distance between the two them. "Sorry," Kurt murmured, his cheeks ablaze with embarrassment.

"For what honey?" Blaine asked, amused beyond belief. Letting his hand travel down he then cupped Kurt gently, feeling the hardness beneath his palm. "For this? But I like you like this, you don't have to say sorry for it."

Turning his face against Blaine's neck Kurt buried his face against the crook between neck and shoulders. "'M 'barrasing though," he mumbled, then smacked Blaine's arm weakly. "'N don' touch it," he continued, still hiding his face against Blaine's skin, "it'll go 'way soon."