smile for the camera

Kurt isn't talking to Blaine. Blaine knows, because of how Kurt had yelled, "I'm not talking to you, Blaine!" over his shoulder when he stomped out of Blaine's dorm room after the third time Blaine had to pull Kurt's hands out of his pants. It's not that Blaine hadn't wanted Kurt's hands down his pants. He did. He does. Boy, does he. It's just that Blaine is trying really hard to be a gentleman and Kurt is trying really hard to make Blaine forget that word exists, and it's kind of hard to convince Kurt that taking it slow is a good idea. Lots of things are hard. Lots and lots of things, including Blaine, because even Kurt stomping out of his dorm room and shouting at him in front of like seven people in the hall was apparently not enough to kill his boner.

So Blaine is trying to be productive. He has a lab report and two papers due next week, but instead of actually working on any of them, he's looking blankly down at his textbook and thinking sad thoughts that are mostly about Kurt not talking to him, but also a little bit about his dick. So he's already a little distracted when his phone buzzes, and his initial joy when he sees Kurt's name turns into confusion when he reads the message, "Answer me on Skype already, I'm the one who's not talking to you, not the other way around." Blaine makes a confused face at his phone, and then walks over to his desk and realizes that his laptop had gone to sleep at some point in the last hour. He taps at his touchpad and types in his password, the Skype icon in his taskbar blinking at him. He has three missed calls, and just as it starts to ring again, his phone vibrates with another message, "You have two minutes. I mean it."

Blaine accepts the call, and then his screen is full of Kurt's face. Kurt's webcam is zoomed in close. Like, crazy close. Blaine wonders if it's some kind of intimidation tactic, because Kurt's eyebrow is arched really high and he still looks pretty mad, but then Kurt glances down and grimaces and his webcam zooms out. "Sorry about that," he says. "How do my pores look?" Blaine laughs, smiling fondly at his screen, and then Kurt says, "Blaine, are you there? Turn your webcam on!" and Blaine remembers that oh, yeah. His webcam is broken.

"Um, it's kind of broken," he types. "Unfortunate incident last weekend with the corner of a desk."

"Oh," Kurt says, his eyes widening at the same time his eyebrows knit together. "Well, actually, that's probably better. Are you alone?"

Blaine types "yes" and Kurt nods, looking resolutely at the screen.

"Okay," he says. "You just... you just sit right there. While I do this. Okay."

Blaine's confused, not exactly sure what he's waiting for, but Kurt's laptop shifts a little, focusing in on his bed. And then all of a sudden Kurt is climbing onto his bed, up on his knees. And then he's taking his shirt off.

"Um," Blaine says, even though he knows Kurt can't hear him. He's seen Kurt without his shirt before, sure - they even made out shirtless for at least ten minutes once before Blaine had to stop things from going too far - but then Kurt's hands are going for his belt, getting his pants open, and Blaine's suddenly having trouble breathing.

"This is because I hate you," Kurt says, his voice softer since he's farther away. Blaine almost turns the volume up, but Kurt's kicking off his pants and settling back onto the bed, kneeling, and Blaine can't actually bring himself to look away from the screen.

"And because you won't let me touch you," Kurt adds as an afterthought, staring down the camera, and Blaine flushes, trying not to look at Kurt's thighs, at the obvious bulge in his underwear. Fuck, Kurt isn't going to. He wouldn't.

Kurt's still staring right at the camera as he licks his palm and reaches into his briefs, and Blaine grabs the edge of his desk and watches his boyfriend start to jerk off. On camera. Holy shit. Blaine looks around his room stupidly, like that's going to help anything, and then he realizes that he's not looking at the screen. Kurt has fried his brain. It's the only explanation. When Blaine jerks his eyes back to the screen, Kurt already has his briefs pushed down to his thighs and his hand is wrapped around his cock, and Blaine's caught between kicking himself for missing even a second of this and pinching himself just to make sure this is actually happening.