hammock

The summer sun flitted through the leaves of the tall oak trees in the Anderson backyard, shooting rays of light through the shaded area of
verdant green grass below. It was that lazy time of day where the heat infuses the air with a shimmery, ethereal quality and even the birds have stilled. Pools are rapidly being emptied for lunch breaks and the sound of children playing outside has all but disappeared in accordance with every five year old's nightmare of an afternoon nap. Needless to say, there was not a soul in sight to bear witness to the blossoming romance of Kurt Hummel and Blaine Anderson that fine Ohio summer day.

They've been together nearly five months and, for the most part, have yet to find fault in each other. It's that special time in a relationship where you recognize faults and imperfections but it just makes you love the other person even more. With that in mind, both boys have a air of absolute comfort as they lay stretched out in a hammock during the hottest part of the day. Two glasses of sweet tea lay off to the side gathering condensation and attracting the occasional honey bee as do a recently discarded copy of Vogue and the newest James Patterson novel. Both page turners found themselves tossed aside in favor of something much more exciting.

Previously both boys were occupying opposite ends of the hammock, reading and just enjoying the companionship. Kurt absently licked his finger and turned a page, peeking up over the top to glance at his boyfriend for a moment. Blaine's eyes darted quickly over the page (It must have been one of those famous Patterson page turning moments, Kurt thought aridly) and his brows were furrowed in concentration.

Kurt took in the sight of his boyfriend's attire and appearance, appreciating the little things that one may not even care to notice had they not been observing Blaine astutely for the better part of a year. Blaine's curly hair was free and loose, creating a halo of lush, curly mane around his chiseled jaw. He'd opted out of contacts today and a pair of sleek black frames were perched upon his nose. (If he didn't have a thing for the "librarian look" before Blaine he most certainly did now.) He was wearing a dark green v-neck with just the faintest hint of chest hair nipping out (To kill me, obviously to kill me) of the top and knee length khaki shorts. His rope sandals had been kicked off as soon as they had laid down but Kurt could still see the light indentation the rope had left on his feet. Suddenly Blaine's focused brown eyes were peering back into his own glasz ones. Kurt's eyes quickly darted down but not before catching the bemused expression on Blaine's face.

"Just enjoying the view, precious?" He asked quietly. Kurt pretended to be immersed in his magazine before he felt Blaine's hand wrap around his wrist and tug him down the hammock. Blaine laughed at the indignant noise Kurt made as he pulled him to his side.

"Who's to say I wasn't peeking too?" He asked taking Kurt's summer ensemble in. His hair had some how managed to avoid falling in the heat and was artfully tousled  up and away from the crown of his head. Kurt had chosen a plain white collared shirt, actually going so far as to roll the sleeves up to his elbows and unbutton the first two buttons. (Though he had put on more sunscreen in the last two hours than Blaine had worn his entire life) He paired the button up with brown satin shorts. Their uncharacteristically shortness had absolutely been driving Blaine crazy since he arrived. His leather Marc Jacobs sandals sat neatly arranged directly below him (Blaine had literally had to take them off his feet for him, assuring his boyfriend that no harm would come to them on the ground. They were shoes after all and most of their life was supposed to be spent on the ground.)

"What's there to peek at?" Kurt huffed, placing his arms underneath his head and peering at Blaine through heavy lidded eyes.

Blaine tossed aside his book with little reverence and snuggled into the fabric of the hammock, his face inches from Kurt's.

"There is always something worth doing a double take for with you. I love that summer doesn't allow you to dress like a vampire anymore. I can see your skin...lots of your skin." Blaine grinned, his hand traveling downwards to rub a heated path up Kurt's exposed thigh. He made it past the wide band of the short's leg and up a few inches before Kurt wriggled away with a giggle.