real life

day 22 of 24

Kalani lay on the couch trying to think of a way to tell her brother

Kalani lay on the couch trying to think of a way to tell her brother. She was starting to show and knew she had to tell him soon but she was scared of how he would react.  She thought he would be unhappy and make her and Joe and neither Joe nor Kalani wanted that. Kalani was stressing over it and she  didn't realize how long she had been thinking over it until Joe rubbed her arm causing her to jump.

"Calm down love, your shaking." Joe told his fiance as she moved to lean on his shoulder.
"I'm scared." She whispered, snuggling into his neck.
"It's just your brother." Joe laughed.
"Yeah, who didn't want us to date and now this. We're done for." Kalani stated as she threw her arms up in the air.
"Now your over exaggerating."

"I'm home" Byron called causing both Kalani and Joe to jump.
"living room" Joe call back as Kalani gave him a loon.
"Now or never." Joe whispered as he kissed her head.

 "Hey guys" Byron chimes leaning down and kissing his sister on the forehead.
"hello" Kalani smiled back.
"what's wrong?" he asks.
"nothing why?" Kalani asked causing Joe to look at her.
"you just seem different" he shrugs,
"I'm fine" She answered.
"sorry dinner isn't ready, we were organizing some things" Joe explained.
"that's fine we can order take out" Byron shrugged as he flopped onto the couch beside Kalani.
"so how was recording?" Kalani asked, moving the conversation away from where Joe wanted it to be.
"it was good, nearly finished another song" Byron smiled.

Joe looked at Kalani causing her to sigh. How could this be happening right now of all the times? She thought as Byron went to the bathroom. Kalani was so lost in her thoughts she didn't realize that her brother was back and had been talking to her. 

"Kalani?" Byron asks.
Joe gently shoved his shoulder up causing Kalani to sit up straight.
"huh what?"
"are you alright?"
 "yeah, well actually I need to ..." She starts to say but trail off.
"We need to tell you something." Joe stated, ignoring Kalanis glare.
"what,Kalani, spit it out?" Byron chuckles.
"oh god uhh, I need to lie down" She lies and made her way upstairs and close the door. 

Kalani dives for the bed and start quietly sobbing. There was a knock on the door and Byron walks in so she pretended to be asleep. Joe didn't come up so it was just the two siblings. 

"Kalani I know you're not asleep yet, tell me what's going on" he whispers crawling onto the bed.
She shakes her head,
"come on" he whispers rubbing her arm in comfort.
Kalani moves her arm, and he sighs.
"Kalani please?"
"no Byron you won't be happy"
"why?"
 "you'll want me gone" SHe stutters, not facing him.
 "why would I want that? Kalani  just tell me what's going on?"
 "Byron I I, I'm.."
 "what Kalani? You know you can tell me anything"
"Joe and I" She starts to say,
"you two what?"
"we are having a baby"Joe said from the door causing both Langley siblings to look up.

Kalani looks at her brother, expecting him to lash out.Instead he jumps up and down on the bed, shocking both Joe and Kalani.
"why would I want you gone because of that? This is amazing Kalani!!" he happily exclaims jumping around happily making his sister giggle.
Once he calms down he faces Kalani and  wipes her tears away.
"Don't ever think I'll leave you, I love you no matter what, don't be afraid to talk to me, to ask or tell me something okay?" he softly says kissing her head, causing Kalani to nod. 
"Now come here. I'm so proud of you." He smiles as he pulled her into a hug. "You too Joe." He says as he sees Joe standing by the door.
"I love you two." Kalani whispered in between the two men.
"We love you too." Joe and Byron said as they kissed her cheeks.