real life

day 9 of 24

"Come on up here. Well done, well done." Claudia smiled as she hugged Kalani.
"Thank you." Kalani smiled.
"So, you done the first one, great score, how do you think you done this time?"
Kalani looked at Derek.
"I mean, she put the work in, she worked through the pain this whole week, she's really dedicated and I think this dance really showed that but no matter the score I'm proud of her no matter what." 
"Well we will find out but first, Kalani we have a little surprise for you. Noting bad I promise, but uhh, Joe come here for a minute." Claudia signaled to Joe as Kalani looked around confused.

Joe took Kalanis two hands and smiled as Kalani looked at him. The two giggled as Joe took a deep breath. Everyone went quiet as they watched on. Derek stood back with Claudia to let the two have space

"Kalani, you and I have been through so much together in the past year and a half. My love for you continues to grow on a day to day basis. You have showed me what love really is and what I can accomplish. You are my absolute best friend. The love of my life. I begin my day with you and end my day with you. I want to spend every moment with you. I want you to be mine forever. So I ask you this important question. Will you-" He pulls a velvet box out of his pocket and gets down on one knee. "Will you marry me?"

Kalani was in shock.  He just proposed to her, on strictly, live on televison. In front of thousands of people. Millions even. She couldn't contain her emotions, for she was tearing up. A few tears slipped. Thank god for waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Her hand was on her mouth covering the shocked expression she had. She nodded furiously before really answering.

"Yes, yes Joe of course I will." She cried as he got up before jumping in her arms.

Everyone cheered as Joe held Kalani in his arms, her feet slightly off the ground. Once they pulled back Joe placed the ring on her finger before Kalani pulled him into a kiss.

"I love you." Joe stated as they pressed their foreheads together.
"I love you too." Kalani cried, tears still streaming down.
"Think you'll be able to contain yourself for your results." Joe asked as he wiped her tears, laughing.
"I forgot about them." Kalani laughed causing everyone to laugh.

Joe stepped back to Dianne but kept a hold on his now fiancees hand while Derek comes back beside her and wraps his arms around her waist.

"Congratulations." He said to her.
"I'm still in shock." Kalani laughed.
"Well, I'm hoping you get even more greatness as the results are in." Claudia smiled, taking the hand that Joe wasn't holding.

In the end she got a score of 40, her first 40 of the season causing Derek to lift her up and spin her around while everyone cheered loudly.

"A score of 40 for Kalani and Derek making it their highest scored dance of the season. If you would like these two through to the next round text Kalani to 05423 or cal 054386865 followed by the number 4. Remember your vote could be the line of whether or not these two are through to the next round. Until then, good luck." Claudia smiled at the dance couple before the show cut for a break.