real life

"Joe, you ready?" Kalani called up the stairs

"Coming." Joe replied as he came into view at the top of the stairs.

"Where you two going?" Byron asked, confused.
"Christmas shopping." Kalani lied as Joe helped her put on her coat.
"I thought you were done." Byron commented, not believing his sister.
"I am, Joes not."
"Oh. SO why do you have to go?"
"I can't figure out what to get Zoe and mam" Joe replied as he threw the keys in the air and caught them.
"Cool. Well I'm heading out too."
"Meeting the girlfriend." Joe teased as he shouldered Byron.
"Maybe" Byron replied shyly.
"Have fun." Kalani smiled at her brother as he left.

"Why not tell him?" Joe asked once the door closed.
"Because I don't know how far along I am yet. That's what today scan will tell." Kalani replied.
"Then we can tell him?" Joe asked, hopeful.
"Then we can tell everyone. Are you recording?"
"Can I?" He asked, excited.
"Yeah, maybe put a video together to reveal it. For the memories." 
"I'm glad you said that because I have some accidental vlogging clips."
"Come on, lets go before we're late." Kalani laughed as Joe went to get his vlogging camera.

****************

"So, we are about to go for our first scan for this little one, how you feeling babe?" Joe asked as he placed his hand on my flat stomach.
"Good, can't wait to now how far I am."
"Let's do this." Joe smiled to the camera before turning it off.

The two were soon called and they stepped into the nurses room. After asking for permission Joe placed the camera behind him so that it was seen. Kalani lay on the bed as the ultra sound technician gently lifted up Kalanis top before placing gel on her stomach.

"First time?" The technician asked.
"Yeah." Joe replied as he took Kalanis hand.
"You'll be find. I'm just going to spread the gel around with the wand before turning on the scanner. Then we can see the fetus and how long you are alright?" The nurse asked as Kalani nodded.
"Alright so you seem to be about 6 weeks gone which is why you can't really make anything out. However from what I can see both you and your little one seem to be perfectly healthy." He continued as he moved the wand around.
"Amazing." Kalani breathed as Joe kissed her hands.
"And your done. You should start showing in around two to three weeks from now.Would you like a copy?" The nurse smiled as he finished cleaning the excess gel of Kalanis stomach.
"Yeah please." Joe smiled as he turned off the camera.
"Sure." The nurse smiled as he got up and collected two small pages off the side of the scanner, "Here you are, keep healthy and I shall see you in three weeks. Just make an appointment with the secretary and I will see you then." He smiled.
"Thank you." Kalani smiled.
"No problem, take care now." 

"SO that was easy." Joe stated once they booked their next appointment.
"Easy? How did you think it was going to go?" Kalani asked as they got in the car.
"I don't know." Joe admitted after stalling causing Kalani to laugh.
"We better go shopping so we get back with backs since we did tell Byron that we were."
"True. Where to?" Joe asked as he started the car.
"How about town, we are sure to get some things there." Kalani decided.
"To town we go." Joe announced as he drove off.