real life

day 13 of 24

"Pregnant" Kalani mumbled shutting her eyes tightly as if it would make the little pink plus sign go awayThis was her third pregnancy test and they'd all come out with the same result

This was her third pregnancy test and they'd all come out with the same result.
"Not good timing" She said tossing it into the bin.
Her and Joe were always careful so she didn't understand how this could have happened.
Are you ok in there love? You've been ages" Joe said through the door.
"I'm fine" She told him washing her hands and opening the door.
"I've got a meeting this afternoon but we can hang out tonight" He told her wrapping his arms around her waist.
"Yeah that sounds good" She smiled trying to hid back the panic that was washing through her. She had to tell Joe.
"Actually there's something I wanted to run by you" She looked up at him and he kissed her forehead.
"Can you tell me tonight? I'm going to be running late otherwise" He said pulling away from her and disappearing into the bathroom that she'd just left.
"Ok" Kalani nodded and got her coat. 

Kalani left the house and hopped on a train to London. It wasn't until she was already half way through her journey that you realized that Lance and Tom might not even be home. She sent them a quick text and were relieved when they told her they'd be home all afternoon. When she got to their house Tom was already by the door and pulled her into a hug before allowing her in. She was nearly in tears when they got into the living room where Lance was.

"Hey Kalani" He pulled her into a hug and that when she burst into tears. "
"What's the matter?" Lance pulled her over to the sofa and sat down with her while Tom went to get some drinks.
"I'm so scared" She admitted, although without context she was making no sense to either of them.
"Scared of what? What's going on?" Lance probed with a look of concern.
"I-I'm pregnant" She whispered.
"That's great isn't it?" Tom said as she sat beside her  and she shot him a look.
"I haven't told Joe yet, I'm scared he's going to hate me! We've always been so careful and now this, what if he leaves me?' Kalani ranted whilst wiping her eyes.
"Don't be silly, Joe loves you, he would never leave you" Lance rubbed her back.
"Yeah Joe's a good guy Kalani, you know he'll be there for you. He proposed for Gods sake" Tom assured his best mate.
"I'm just scared to tell him" She nodded knowing deep down that Lance and Tom were right.
"You're going to have to" Lance told her "The sooner you get it done the less you'll be worrying about it"
"I suppose, What about DWTS?" She agreed knowing that he was right.
"You don't need to worry Kalani. I promise Joe will be supportive. And the show is only one week so you'll be fine' Tom told her and Lance agreed with him.

After that little pep talk Kalani left the Black-Daley house feeling a lot better about the situation. She was going to tell Joe tonight and get it over with. When she got back from London Joe was already sat on the sofa watching TV, he had a few bags of shopping next to him.

"Hey Joe" She walked over timidly knowing she had to tell him the truth. "Can I talk to you?"
"I already know" Joe said reaching into one of the shopping bags. "I bought these"
He pulled out a pastel coloured teddy bear and some tiny baby converse.
"How did you..." She tried to ask him but the words got caught in her throat.
"I saw the test in the bin" He told his fiancee and pulled her into a hug "We're having a baby aren't we?"
Kalani nodded and Joe pulled her into a hug.
"It's a good job it's the last week of DWTS then." He commented.
"Your not mad." Kalani sighed.
"Mad? Why would I be? Yeah we planned to have one after the wedding but it doesn't matter. We're having our own little one Kalani, that's the most wonderful thing that has ever happened in my life." Joe stated causing Kalani to laugh.
"I love you." Kalani smiled up at him.
"I love you too baby, so so much." He smiled, pulling her in for a kiss.