news

day 17 of 24

Kalani Langley is all smiles as she wins Strictly come dancing 2018

Actress Kalani Langley and dance partner Derek Hough have been crowned the winners of the 16th series of BBC One's Strictly Come Dancing

Langley beat Joe Sugg, Faye Tozer and Ashley Roberts to win the coveted glitterball trophy in the final. She was previously best known for being part of the popular reality TV dance moms , but has won over millions on Saturday night TV.
It was Dereks second victory after being a losing finalist four times. Derek was clearly emotional to finally get his hands on the glitterball. After winning, Kalani paid tribute to him as "the biggest gem"
"I've had the most incredible time. It's daunting doing something you haven't done before - you feel silly, you feel like a bit of an idiot. But Kevin walks you through - and you so deserve this."
In response, he told her: "Thank you so much not just for being so amazing and dancing so well and getting this, but just for being the most wonderful person to work with, to spend every day in training. You've worked so hard and always with a massive smile on your face."
Kalani and Derek were popular winners, and there was also huge support for Joe from fellow YouTubers and some of the eight million people who subscribe to his YouTube channel.
The couples in the final performed a dance of the judge's choice, a show dance and their favourite dance of the series. Although judges Craig Revel-Horwood, Dame Darcey Bussell, Shirley Ballas and Bruno Tonioli gave their scores as usual, the winners were decided purely by a public vote. Kalani and Derek would have actually come fourth out of the four final pairs if it had just been down to the judges, who awarded them a score of 114 out of a possible total of 120
Two couples - Pussycat Dolls star Ashley and partner Pasha Kovalev, and Steps singer Faye and Giovanni Pernice - were given top marks for all three dances in the final, getting 120 out of 120. But some viewers were less impressed by their achievements because Ashley and Faye had previously had dance training and experience, as was Kalani causing some haters to appear, whereas Joe was a relative novice when they started.
This year's series was as eventful as ever - off the dancefloor as well as on it as Joe Sugg and Kalani Langley became engaged. Sugg and Langley also hinted for  a possible pregnancy as Kalani was seen going to the doctor with the couples dance partners before revealing that it was safe to dance without damage done. ALthough it is yet to be confirmed fans speculate that their could be a baby bomb thrown at us soon by the couple.

Other news:
Tom Daley and Lance Black supported Kalani Langley on the sidelines during final.
Joe Sugg and Kalani Langley kiss outside Strictly Come Dancing wrap party venue.
Byron Langley is 'beyond proud' for his sister on her glitterball win.