29. The One With The Return

Have you ever felt so contented with what you have, that you felt like you didn't deserve it at all but there it was. Making you happy.

"So I guess it's time to decide on pet names?"

Jihoon looked like he was merely talking about the weather. It was half past 6 in the morning and you were sitting on a bench in the middle of the campsite, eating the leftover kebabs and roasted marshmallows from last night for breakfast.

Sure, there were more breakfasty food like noodles and boiled eggs but those were too normal for you.

As soon as Jihoon made the sudden suggestion, you nearly choked on the piece of marshmallow in your mouth. Gawking at him, you repeated slowly, "Pet... names?"

Jihoon grinned. "Here, babe. Have some more kebabs."

"I--"

"How's the food, love? Taste good?"

"Good lord, Jihoon stop."

"The meat is better than I expected. Can't believe we missed out on all these food last night, right princess?"

"If you don't shut up I'll shove this toothpick down your throat. Try me," you growled, holding the stick in your hand up in front of his face to prove you weren't joking.

"Princess sounds nice though," a voice beamed from behind you, making both you and Jihoon jolt in surprise. Guanlin laughed in amusement as you exchanged nervous looks with Jihoon. How long had he been eavesdropping on your conversation? "Although I can give you few recommendations if you'd like to me?"

"God, no," you said, feeling the heat pool up in your cheeks.

Jihoon smirked. "I do think babygirl has a nice ring to it though. What do you think?" his eyes darted towards you in anticipation.

You shifted on your seat and suddenly you felt like shoving all these food into your mouth and running off. It wasn't because you didn't like pet names, you didn't want Jihoon to know that it knocked the breath out of your lungs and made your legs feel like jelly.

"Call me by my name?"

"Babygirl it is."

"I just love how this is escalating so fast," Guanlin's smile was enough to show how much he was enjoying the conversation. "I'll leave you two to it then. See you later!" he added and left after doing a wave with three fingers on his forehead.

Once he had gone off to somewhere else, you turned back to Jihoon and smacked his arm lightly. "What was that?"

"What was what babygirl?" Jihoon drawled out the last word with a dangerously attractive tone, albeit the innocence displayed in his blinking eyes.

God, why did he have to be born with such a handsome face and a beautiful voice? It's unfair.

If the attractive growl in his voice didn't kill you, the word itself sure did.