13. The One With The Dancing

"Have you ever had that fluttering feeling in your chest but don't know why exactly you're feeling that way? Damn it, feels."

The weekend passed by in a snap of a finger

The weekend passed by in a snap of a finger. You found yourself sitting back in class on Monday morning, 10 minutes later than your usual arrival time. If Woojin hadn't burst into your room with a flute and flung your towel and clothes at you while you were in bed, you doubted that you would get the energy to get up for school. Ahh, Woojin. Always doing what he does best.

Everyone in class was either showing off their unharmed eggs or mourning over their broken ones. You, on the other hand, made no move to take it out of your container. You weren't going to risk anything.

"Meet Little Ji!" Jihoon clutched his perfectly shaped egg in his hand and held it in front of you. You gaped. He had gone out of his way to draw a face on it with marker with cotton as its hair. What amazed you even more was that it's body was wrapped up in fabrics meant to be clothes.

"Really, Little Ji?" You raised an eyebrow. You pointed at the little drawing of a chicken drumstick on the shell. "Is that chicken?"

"Yep," Jihoon nodded and put his egg back into his container. "He's 2 days old, a dancer, really handsome. He likes chicken too."

You couldn't help but snort at his explanation. You had to admit that it was a bit... cute.

He glanced at your container. "What about yours?"

"Still in one piece," you opened up the cover of your container where you kept it and Jihoon hummed. "It's not... much. But at least it isn't completely boring," you added shortly. Unlike Jihoon, all you did was paint colourful lines and patterns around the shell, like an Easter egg.

Surprisingly, Jihoon seemed impressed. "It looks pretty."

"You think so?"

He nodded. "Better keep it safe. Donghan's egg broke over the weekend and he's been running around breaking people's eggs on purpose since he came in this morning."

Your eyes widened and Jihoon beamed. "Nothing to worry as long as you don't take it out," he pushed the container back into his bag.

A girl yelled something along the lines of "Donghan you punk that's not fair!" from the back of the class and Jihoon looked back to laugh at the commotion happening. You glanced over your shoulder and it was just as Jihoon had told you. Egg shells were sprawled over the floor with the yolk staining the tiles as well. The other kids were laughing but you could only frown at the victim's loss.

"Isn't that cheating?"

Jihoon shrugged. Someone called for Jihoon and the latter retreated to the back of the room to help clean up the mess.

Not long after, Mrs Jang entered and the room settled down. She gave a disappointing frown as she saw the mess of yolk and egg shells on the ground. "Now who did that poor egg belong to?"