20. The One With The Cupid

Have you ever felt the whole world crashing down at your feet?

Most of the time they were together, they'd stay indoors to play games

Most of the time they were together, they'd stay indoors to play games. But it was not the case tonight as the two boys find themselves sitting at the balcony of Daniel's room, electronic devices stored away. Which was a rare event between them.

Daniel sighed. "I ought to tell these youngsters to shut it with their funky loud music," He pointee at the disco lighted room in the building across them like a grumpy old grandpa. They could see the shadows of students jumping and dancing reflected on the glass window, not to mention the blasting music reaching every other house in the neighborhood.

Jihoon laughed. "Let them live, hyung."

"It's a school night," Daniel leaned forwards to get a bottle of soju on the table and bringing it up to his lips. Jihoon watched as the older gulped down half the bottle in one go.

"Is this how you treat your guests? I came all the way here for disrespect," Jihoon huffed out suddenly.

Daniel tipped his bottle of soju towards the younger. "You're underaged. And you shouldn't be going to school with a hangover tomorrow. And don't you think I don't know you have low alcohol tolerance."

Jihoon rolled his eyes with a frustrated groan. "I can handle my alcohol just fine," he retorted in a failed attempt to protect his pride.

"No," Daniel didn't seem convinced because it wasn't like the elder hasn't seen Jihoon wasted before.

Giving up, Jihoon leaned back against the chair. Something's up, he realises. Daniel wasn't the kind of person to drink unless there was something really troubling him. The most he would do when he was stressed was to go to sleep.

"Since when do you even drink?" Jihoon tried, opting for the banana milk Daniel had given him earlier. He feels like a kid next to this guy.

"What do you mean? I drink all the time. You just don't see me drinking," Daniel takes another sip of his soju.

Jihoon nodded for the sake of it. His eyes wandered over to a table in the corner of the balcony where a cigarette box sat quietly. "I thought you quit smoking," Jihoon mumbled.

Sol doesn't even know her best friend smokes.

Daniel turned around to the direction of Jihoon's gaze and hummed. "That? I'm cutting down on it, I swear."

Even though Jihoon had the urge to reprimand the elder, he refrained himself from doing so. After all, Daniel already looked stressed enough and Jihoon wasn't that cruel to add more pressure into it. So instead he went for a joke to ease the tension.

"Girls don't find smokers or drinkers attractive, you know," he taps Daniel's thigh. "I already feel bad for your future girlfriend."

"Why?" Daniel frowned. "I think I can make a decent boyfriend."