6. The One With The Tea

Have you ever felt so powerful?

On your way home, you spotted a familiar woman crossing the road from across your house towards her own

On your way home, you spotted a familiar woman crossing the road from across your house towards her own. You recognised who it was instantly and slowed down your bicycle to greet her.

"Why, Kim Sol, how are you?" She asked with beaming eyes and a bright aura.

You nodded respectfully and jumped off your bicycle. "Good evening, Mrs Park! I'm doing fine," You flashed your most charming smile and she responded with a laugh.

"It's a good weather to be out and about, right? I just came from your mother's. Don't forget to eat the cupcakes I made."

Your eyes widened in excitement. "Heol, you made cupcakes?"

Mrs Park nodded at you and smiled. "It's a new recipe. A secret," she whispered with a hand covering the side of her mouth for extra effect. You gave her a laugh and waved as she pulled the gate of her house close and disappeared inside her house.

You liked Mrs Park, but you certainly did not like her son.

You rushed into your house, the mouthwatering smell of fresh cupcakes filling the hallway as you clumsily pulled your shoes off with a lack of patience. Just as you were heading towards the kitchen, Jihoon's phone rang in your pocket again, a reminder to never think that you'd be at peace as long as your phones were swapped. You were about to start cussing under your breath about him being a pain in the ass but your whole demeanour changed when you saw who was on the caller ID.

"Sol dear? Why aren't you picking that up?"

You jumped in surprise at your aunt Boa's voice and turned towards the source, seeing her carrying a laundry basket in her hands. You didn't even realise how long you've been staring at the phone blankly.

"Oh, yeah, right," you stuttered and your aunt chuckled at your odd behaviour before disappearing into the living room.

You glanced back at the screen, phone still vibrating in your hands and a bright word in bold letters waiting to be answered; 어머니 💙, Jihoon's mother.

Should you answer that? Or should you just ignore it and tell Jihoon to call her back later?

Your stomach growled. It reminded you of the food waiting in the kitchen for it to be eaten. Oh God, I'm hungry.

The call ended and you released a sigh of relief. Yep, you could just tell Jihoon later. It shouldn't be an emergency right?

You practically made a run for the kitchen and took a look into the container sitting on the table. The smell was much stronger now. Despite just having dinner and dessert not less than an hour ago, you were still starving.

Thank God I have high metabolism levels.
You reached for a piece of cupcake but before you could savour it, the phone rang. Again.