15. The One With The Busking

Have you ever wanted got directly called out by your crush in the middle of a crowd?

You jogged around the track field, every so often wiping the sweat that had begun to slide down the sides of your face

You jogged around the track field, every so often wiping the sweat that had begun to slide down the sides of your face. It was bad enough that it was a hot day. There were some girls who you'd noticed came on the school field just the same time as you did but only managed to finish one round before taking rest under the shade. When you passed them after completing your 2nd round, you heard one of them saying something about her makeup being ruined.

You fought the urge to roll your eyes and jogged on, ignoring the heat. You could put some more lotion on like Sungwoon taught you if you ever got a sunburn anyway. Oh, the things you would do to stay fit.

"Noona, wait up!"

Two figures jogged up to your sides, smiling brightly. Oof, brighter than the sun.

"You're jogging alone in a weather like this?" Daehwi squinted his eyes at you but kept up his pace.

"I have revisions to do later so I won't have time," you answered and Jinyoung chuckled from the other side.

"What are you doing revisions for? The semester just started," he asked.

"I'm not a fan of stress, Jinyoung."

"As expected, someone from the A rank," Daehwi clapped.

The three of you continued to jog together for the next 2 rounds before taking a break. You slumped down on the bench and took a deep breath too cool down.

"Oh by the way," Daehwi started, stalking up towards you. You lifted your head up from where you were tying your shoelaces. "A little bird tells me Jihoon has a favourite girl and everyone else is mad about it."

You furrowed your eyebrows. "Favourite girl?" You repeated slowly.

Jinyoung nodded and moved to sit down beside you. "You."

You choked on your own spit and heaved a breath before spluttering out a very confused, "Me?"

Daehwi hummed. "A lot of people aren't happy about it though. God, two girls in my class were crying the other day because he's been starting to ignore them," he looked around the field, as if searching for something.

You weren't in the position to say anything but it sparked up a bit of your interest. "So he gave them attention before?"

"Not exactly. When they gave him gifts or talked to him first he'd acknowledge them, you know. It's rude to say nothing at all. But he's not responding to anything these days," Daehwi continued.

"Maybe he's becoming a better person? Reflecting on his life choices maybe," Jinyoung snickered and leaned back against the bench.

Daehwi snorted and turned around to face him. "You know you're lucky he isn't actually here or he'd smash your face into that tree."