5. The One With The Trust Issues

Have you ever felt intimidated but thankful at the same time?

You went out that evening right after dinner, planning to get some fresh air and also find desserts

You went out that evening right after dinner, planning to get some fresh air and also find desserts. The weather was pleasant too, so you got out your bicycle from the garage. It had been awhile since you last rode it. Not since the day Woojin accidentally knocked you off of it and blamed it on your light weight.

("You're so thin you'd fall over if there was a storm.")

The wind rustled through your hair, blowing your fringes over your face as you rode through your neighbourhood and towards the city blocks. Considering that it was a Saturday, there were a lot of people around.

You stopped in front of the ice cream stall you regularly frequented and mounted your bike. The owner gave a friendly smile.

"Good evening ahjumma," you gave her your sweetest smile and pulled out some dollar bills from your pocket.

"Your usual, miss?" The kind woman asked as she reached for a cup.

"Yes please," You replied cheerfully with a tilt of your head. Then you waited as she went to prepare your order. You leaned your back onto the side of the stall and hummed along to a song stuck in your head. Glancing at the occupied tables around the ice cream stall, you asked, "Did you get a lot of customers today?"

"Yes, dear. It's been a very busy day. But I'm glad," the lady came back carrying your three scoops of ice cream and your eyes brightened.

You handed her two dollar bills and she laughed lightheartedly. "Dear, just one will be enough."

You knitted your eyebrows together and glanced at the money in your hand. "Isn't it two though?"

"Since you're a regular the other half is on me," She pulled out one of the two dollar bills from your hand and waved it at you.

You laughed. "Ah, you're too kind," You said flusteredly. You put a spoon into your mouth and hummed in blissful satisfaction. Cold and sweet. Just what you needed today.

Woojin's voice popped back into your head as you held the ice-cream in one hand and used your other hand to push your bike towards the nearby park.

("Sol-ah, don't forget to brush your teeth before you go to sleep!") I do brush my teeth, dimwit.

Children ran around the pathway, carrying toys and bubble guns plus a friendly game of tag or hide and seek. There were lots of joggers too, a regular sight to see.

You remembered when Daniel had taken you a few weeks ago. He'd packed the both of you homemade sandwiches that he attempted to make. He was a terrible cook, he said. Couldn't even make proper eggs or rice. That was when you first realised how much you actually liked him. You knew for a long time, well, the feelings grew as more and more time passed. But the word impossible became more and more true.