26. The One With The Feelings

AN: This was initially planned out to be in one chapter but seeing that it got a little bit out of hand, I'll be splitting it into two parts. The second part will be posted in the next chapter!

Have you ever looked at someone and felt something completely new?

If there was anything, anything at all that Park Jihoon learned from falling in love with his best friend's cousin, it was to not scare the hell out of people, but to love the hell out of them

If there was anything, anything at all that Park Jihoon learned from falling in love with his best friend's cousin, it was to not scare the hell out of people, but to love the hell out of them. It worked better.

A couple years ago he would never have given you even a second glance. Thinking about it now, he found that it was almost absurd. You didn't strike him as someone pretty or interesting before. The girls he used to go out on dates in school for fun all had great reputations; either they had doll-like faces or they were incredibly wealthy and popular. All of those dates meant nothing but messing around. Because he'd never once imagined himself in a proper relationship. As pretty as those girls were, he wasn't truly happy with any of them.

But the moment he began to focus solely on you, with that irritatingly cute smile and fluffy pink cheeks, Jihoon realised just how blind a person could be until his heart starts to pound so hard he was afraid he was going to get a seizure.

You never struck him as someone who would make his knees go weak with a single smile, or make his insides go into a mini frenzy whenever you'd do as much as laugh.

At some point, he felt jealous of Kang Daniel. He who already had everything, had the heart of the girl Jihoon chose to change himself for.

It was the first time he had ever felt nervous or self-conscious in front of a girl, and the solution to this problem, he did not read anywhere ever. But right now, all he wanted to do was let go of the feelings he'd been burying deep inside for so long. He had to let them out before they begin to swallow him whole.

"Jisung hyung!" Jihoon waved a hand in the air as the older male walked out of his cafe. Jisung turned around towards the source of the voice and furrowed his eyebrows. Why would that kid be here at 10 PM on a Friday night?

"Jihoon? Are you here for coffee though, I'm already closing up."

The younger skipped up to Jisung like an excited 12 year old. "Nah, just wanted to spend some time with my favourite hyung."

"Really?" Jisung raised a curious eyebrow as he locked up the door of the cafe.

"Eung, I'll walk you home," Jihoon leaned his chin on Jisung's shoulder, catching the older by surprise. Jihoon wouldn't normally act like this, not if he wanted something from him.

Deciding to play along and find out later, Jisung turned around and tugged on Jihoon's arm. They walked down the streets together passing a group of dancers busking at the side of the path and an ice cream stall. Jisung, being the generous hyung he was, ordered a cone for Jihoon to his delight.