27. The One With The Intentional Kiss

AN: My best chapter, enjoy!

Have you ever had your heart so touched you could burst out into tears because of how warm someone can make you feel?

The room buzzed with excited chatter and laughter, some children running around in a friendly game of chase as you and Jihoon entered

The room buzzed with excited chatter and laughter, some children running around in a friendly game of chase as you and Jihoon entered. The hall was, just as you expected, grand and beautiful. White and pink ribbons fell from the ceiling and the walls, along with pretty flowers decorating all the tables.

Jihoon led you all the way to the middle of the room to the VIP tables up in the front. He said that it was for the family members of the bride and groom and that they reserved an extra seat for you.

"Look at them," you whispered to Jihoon as you passed a group of girls wearing pretty dresses and sporting perfect makeup. "So pretty..."

"It's just the makeup effect," Jihoon mouthed casually. The group of said girls looked up at him as he walked by, giggling childishly. You wanted to roll your eyes right then and there but it wouldn't be appropriate. To your surprise, Jihoon gave them a smile and said "Good evening," with a respectful nod.

Ironic, since he basically dissed them 3 seconds ago.

"It's not like I'm not using makeup right now anyway," you frowned.

"Yeah but I've seen you half naked through your window with your face as bare as the day you were born, and trust me you're way prettier than them."

"TMI."

Jihoon laughed and waved to a friend standing in a distance. The VIP table was already filled by the time you and Jihoon got there. But there were two empty seats they saved up for you. Mr Park was there, along with baby Jun and his parents across from you. You wanted to coo at him and the little tux he was wearing. Jun pointed excitedly with a huge smile when he saw you. You replied with a friendly wave.

"Sorry we're late," Jihoon laughed sheepishly as you both took your seats.

"Don't worry about it, the reception hasn't even started yet," Jun's mother answered. "And this must be... the long awaited Kim Sol isn't it, Jihoon-ah?"

You gave Jihoon a hesitant glance and he nodded. "Guys, this is Sol. Sol, my um... f-family."

"Were you stuttering? Are we not good enough to be shown off to your girlfriend?" Jun's mother teased with a laugh.

Jihoon huffed. "It's just that you guys embarrass me so much I'm afraid I'll lose face," he joked, and the table erupted in laughter. "And I don't think she'd like to be referred to as my girlfriend. We're just friends, right?" Jihoon glanced over at you and you swallowed. Just friends. Right.

"Yeah, friends. We're not going out together or anything. Just... friends," You chuckled.

Jun's mother frowned. "Ah, sorry about that. It's just that you two match each other so well," she gave you a wink.