18. The One With The Sparks

"Have you ever looked at someone and thought, "I'll never be good enough"?"

A few days later you were dragging yourself back to your own doorstep, both in exhaustion and the will to just slump down on your bed and let sleep take over you for the rest of the evening

A few days later you were dragging yourself back to your own doorstep, both in exhaustion and the will to just slump down on your bed and let sleep take over you for the rest of the evening. Woojin had come over to Jihoon's place to join you for games earlier and you told them you were going to leave early.

However, as soon as you were at the door to your house, there was a familiar whirring sound of a bike which came to stop at your front gate. The owner of the bike raised his helmet to reveal tousled red hair, and a smile with the power to drive you into a frenzy if you stared too long.

"Kim Sol!" Daniel shouted and you spun around. He waved at you and you furrowed your eyebrows both in surprise and confused.

"You didn't tell me you were coming over," you replied.

Daniel laughed and patted his empty spot behind him. "Wanna bring you somewhere."

"Dinner?"

"No, silly. You'll see later."

You huffed. Well, for Kang Daniel you'd be willing to give up a few hours of your sleep. Luck shouldn't be rejected anyway. You told him to wait and rushed into your house to inform your aunt that you were going out. She'd given you a suspicious look, asking if it was a boy and if you were going to be coming home late.

"Don't do anything dumb or embarrassing," Aunt Boa reminded as she waved you off to continue with some fashion magazine she was indulging in.

"It's not just any boy, it's Daniel," you had defended.

"Kang Daniel? Oh, why didn't you say so? Go ahead, dear!"

And that was how you found yourself with your arms around Daniel's waist with the side of your face pressed to his back as the evening wind whipped through your hair.

You could smell his cologne—it's a new one, you thought. You closed your eyes and allowed yourself a moment to relax.

"So where are we really going?" You mumbled against his shirt.

"Be patient," Daniel answered. "You're going to like it," he sounded like he was excited to show you, so you decided to just keep quiet and wait to see for yourself. Whatever made Daniel happy always made you happy. It was one of the reasons why you two managed to stay friends for such a long time—because you had so many similar interests.

You both liked cats, adored them. You both even contemplated on bringing back a homeless cat you found in the box in an alleyway, even went as far as to mark the days on the calender for when either of you will be keeping it. In the end, it couldn't be helped. Daniel's parents were only considerate enough to allow him to keep his current cats, and your aunt had a strict no-pets policy in her house due to her respect for hygiene.