22. The One With The Cousin

"Have you ever got called for an intervention?"

Heartbreaks are the absolute worst.

Propping your arm up on your desk, you stared at the box sitting in the corner. The ribbon was missing; you probably dropped it somewhere among that... chaos. You still couldn't push those thoughts of Daniel out of your mind. Reaching for your phone you opened his messages again and reluctantly typed back a reply.

solarkim99
sorry, i had somewhere to go
i forgot to congratulate you though
tell sejeong i said congratulations too

You leaned back against your chair and thought hard before sending one last text.

solarkim99
oh, and don't break her heart

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚

theonlyonewoojin
intervention.

jihoonpwarks
???
what did i do

theonlywoojin
INTERVENTION.

jihoonpwarks
geez calm tf down
arent you supposed to be at dance class

theonlywoojin
it got cancelled

Jihoon furrowed his eyebrows and pulled his curtains open slightly. It's still raining outside, but it wasn't as heavy as before.

jihoonpwarks
oh
ok then i'll just come over
was gonna return the headphones
i borrowed the other day anyway

What's up with him? Jihoon pushed his phone into his pocket and grabbed a hoodie from his closet before throwing it on.

"It's still drizzling. Where are you going?" His mother asked from the kitchen as he came down the stairs.

Jihoon pulled his hoodie up over his head. "Woojin's place."

His mother, as supportive as always, fans him away with a smile, "Okay then, be back before dinner!" If there was one person who was going to receive the Mom of the Year awards, it was definitely Mrs Park. Jihoon flashed her an okay sign and rushed out the door, but not before retrieving an umbrella from the shelf on his way out.

The water on the road splashed about as he ran towards your doorstep. Ducking his head even when he was already under the umbrella. His hair was still a little wet after taking a bath earlier and he was too tired to get it dried.

He rang the doorbell and leaned his umbrella at the side. There wasn't an answer for a good 10 seconds. So he rang it again.

Then, like an angel in the rain...

"Jihoon! Didn't expect to see you here on a weather like this," Mrs Park The Second smiled at him sweetly but urged him inside because having Jihoon come around, even at ungodly hours of the night, wasn't a rare event anyway.