10. The One With The Fact Check

Have you ever been surprised with the way things worked out?

What a beautiful day to torture my mind with The History of Korean Wars

Seriously, the only war we'll be getting in the future will be between the sane and the people who've gone crazy learning of past history that wouldn't even matter anymore.

You heaved a sigh for the 28th time since you had entered the school library. Your bag was already as heavy as it is and you couldn't wait to find a damn book that would hint about the history of The Battle Of Kapyong.

Apparently your teacher thought that it was a good idea to hold a quiz the next week because, and you quoted, "you've gotten into the A grade for a reason and I want to see the extent of each of your abilities."

Not very wise, Mrs Han.

"Why aren't these books even arranged properly," you mumbled to yourself in annoyance as you stacked up some of the books that were sprawled out so messily on the shelves. This was one of the causes you weren't able to find your book as quickly as possible. You couldn't stand seeing the books out of order. It's not easy living with itchy fingers all the time.

You scanned the upper parts of the shelf to see if there were any history books there, to your disappointment. You walked again to the other end in hopes to complete your mission.

Wrong move. There was a couple making out in a corner and you turned away to enter another row, eyes widening in shock. Sorry, shouldn't have seen that.

Finally, finally. You spotted a thick book that spelled out the title you were looking for in big shimmering letters. You pulled it out and flipped through the pages, gulping as you noticed how small the words were and how thick the book was. Well fuck it. You tucked it under your arm and prepared to leave the library, but not before your eyes caught another mess on the shelf.

Groaning, you stopped and placed your book down on an empty space to arrange some of the dictionaries that had fallen out of place. As you pushed them neatly to a side, you were greeted by the one and only Park Jihoon, staring at you from the other opposite side of the shelf.

"Jesus-Can you not scare me like that!" You gasped out loud. To your relief, there wasn't anyone else around to witness how embarrassingly you jolted a couple centimetres off the ground.

Jihoon shook his head obnoxiously. "With the amount of books you've been stacking today you might as well start library duty," he eyed the books you've leaned to a side and raised an eyebrow observingly.

You heaved. "No thanks, I value my break time very much-and were you following me?"

He looked taken aback, as if that was a very irrelevant thing that you shouldn't have asked. Eventually, he said, "You're not the only who wants to pass that History quiz. I'm here for research purposes."