28. The One With The Field Trip

AN: This is probably the longest chapter I've ever written. Like, ever. So it's fine to take your time reading. A gift for updating a little later than usual. And also, you might want to tune into Wanna One's Beautiful while reading. It makes reading this feel way better.

Have you ever been so in love with someone seeing them makes you feel like you're the luckiest person in the world because goddamn, it feels so right.

"So, noona. How's life with your lover boy?" Jinyoung craned his head to the side, blinking his eyes in an innocent act of curiosity.

"Lover boy, really?" You rested your arms on top of the railings of the school building's rooftop and tossed him a questioning glance. He was holding a closed up hand towards you. Right in front of your mouth, like a mic. With a deep breath of exhaustion and a slight hint of annoyance, you answered, "Jinyoung, it's just been two weeks I swear--"

The younger boy burst out laughing, but in a good natured way of course. He clapped his hands together in delight. "The whole school basically knows now. Kim Sol and Park Jihoon, the two people who pine so much they're so oblivious it's irritating. Finally together. You're hot news right now, Sol," he added with a grin.

It had been just two weeks since you dealt with your jumbled up feelings and made it official with Jihoon. You hated to admit, but it was a little awkward at first. After all you weren't used to having him clinging onto you like a koala bear refusing to let go after he'd come over (or vice versa) to hangout.

You weren't used to being the center of attention in school either. People were either talking about you or Jihoon every time you passed them in the hallways.

Jihoon on the other hand, seemed pretty calm and relaxed. He'd take your hand randomly and wouldn't let go even if you told him that there were people watching you. Instead, it would encourage him more by leaving a quick peck on your forehead right where people can see you.

It was like he wasn't afraid of showing you off at all, like he didn't care whether people would judge or talk. At least it reassured you. If people here couldn't be trusted, you always had Jihoon there for you.

"People should just stick to their own businesses, it's not like we're the only ones getting together anyway," you said with a frown.

Jinyoung shook his head. "Well Jihoon hyung used to be a player, and you used to be one of those anti-relationship people who never had a boyfriend before. Again, no offense. And don't tell Jihoon hyung I said that--"

"Don't tell Jihoon hyung what?" A familiar voice piped up from behind the small-faced boy. Jinyoung jumped at the sound and spun around in alarm. Upon seeing Jihoon standing behind him with a threatening gaze, he took a sharp intake of breath.

"Ahahah, speak of the devil. Hi hyung! I was just having a little chat with Sol. You don't mind do you?" He said with a mischevious smirk.

Jihoon glanced back at you for verification and you pursed your lips, muffling a laugh. You patted Jinyoung's back. "Actually, he does mind. Right, Ji?"