Chapter Twenty-Eight: Promises

Promises

Belle's POV

I walk up the stairs and stand outside of Aaron's door. "Hey." He's putting clothes away in drawers but he looks up at me and smiles. "Didn't think Jade would leave you alone for a second." He brings a finger to his lips and points to his bed, where a passed out Jade is curled up. He walks into the hallway and closes the door quietly.

"Hey. What's up." I shrug.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing." I nod to his broken hand.

"Ah. Don't worry. This will be off in a few hours." He leans against the wall and crosses his arms. "So what did you really want to talk to me about."

"Well... I just wanna talk." He nods and walks me to my room, where I sit down on the bed and he does to. We sit there for awhile. I stare out the window and he stares at me.

"Who do I remind you of?" I look back at him with wide eyes.

"How-"

"Everytime you look at me you get this pain in your eyes..." My eyebrows scrunch together and I avoid his glance. "Izabelle?" His calm blue eyes stay focused on me, and before I know it, I'm telling him my life story.

"His name was Weston..." I explain how he and I had always been running. He had set a few places on fire and I always got him out of trouble. I left out the part of him burning me. I also left out the part on where he is now, because I honestly don't know the answer. Aaron plays with the ring around my neck.

"He gave this to you?" I wrap my fingers around it and nod. He leans back and rests his hand on his knee. "He did something else to you." He says this blatantly. "That's why you're scared of fire." Painful memories rush into my head. The warehouse. The cops. Weston being stupid and fighting back. I nod and my eyes tear up. "Shhhh." He moves to my side and takes my hand. "Izabelle..." I hake my head and keep it down, hiding my tears from him.

"He... He hurt me... But..." I can't finish so I lift up my shirt, showing him the burn. He traces his fingers over it and holds his breath. I start to shake from the tears.

"Put it down." He lowers my shirt and holds me while I cry. Weird how I just let him. Finally I sit up and wipe my eyes.

"You look so much like him though... Except..." I stop and look at him. No flames dance in his eyes. He doesn't have an evil smirk. And most of all, his smiles are kind, not sly like Weston's. "you aren't him." He nods, crossing his legs in front of me.

"Don't worry Izzy." I smile a little when he says my name like that. "Good, there's your smile." He lifts my chin so that our eyes meet. "I won't hurt you." I smile and nod. "And neither will Dan." My eyes widen and I shake my head.

"I don't know what you-"

"Shhhhh. He's crazy about you. But he's patient. Which is good." I look at Aaron and he winks at me. "He's jut waiting for the fire to extinguish, and so are you." I decide to change the subject.

"So Jade..." A smile instantly curves onto his lips. "Ah! You like her!"

"Of course I do-"

"Not like that! You smiled as soon as I said her name!" He shakes his head.

"No I don't!"

"Do too!"

"Do not!" We continue this until I break it.

"Jade." He blushes and smile, staring at his hands.

"Damnit..." He starts to blush more and shakes his hair in front of his face. I giggle and ruffle his hair.