Chapter Twenty: Acacia Hunter

Acacia Hunter

Aaron's POV

I got up this morning before Jade, like always. She was curled up in a ball, ignoring the pain of her arm. Now I'm sitting at the kitchen table with Kitty, drinking tea. It's a very odd thing, but it's soothing. "Wait... Aaron which box did you get that from?" Kitty asks me out of the blue, staring wide eyed at the cup in my hand.

"Uhh... the blue one?" As soon as I say it she flinches and shuts her eyes.

"Please tell me it wasn't the last one..."

"It wasn't the last one."

"Aaron!"

"What?" My voice almosts cracks as I respond to her accusatory tone. She stands up abruptly and rushes over to the cabinet, looking through all the boxes.

"That is Belle's tea!" Kitty turns to me. "She doesn't like it when people touch her tea!" She paces the floor, talking with her hands just like Jade does. "I'll just go back into town. I'll get more before she finds out. It's gonna be okay." She runs out the door before I can apologize. I look at the brown liquid in my cup and shrug, taking one last sip.

"Aaron!" Another voice calls for me.

"WHAT!" I shout, fed up with all the yelling. I clench my teeth when Storm runs in, apologizing immediately.

"Doesn't matter. Jade is gone!" Worry and fear cloud her grey eyes as she rushes to my side, explaining how Jade stormed out of the building. "And I don't know why? I have no idea where she could have run off to!" Only one thought comes to mind.

"Logan back yet?" I'm told to go down to the carrier and that I'll find him there. The walk there is lonely. I drown out the sound of the kids and try to figure out what Jade was going to do. She doesn't just leave. Jade always acts with a motive. Logan is talking to Auto, our techy. I stand in the doorway and nod him over to me.

"What's up kid, Jade ok-"

"What did you tell her." He gives me a confused look so I gladly repeat my question. "What. Did. You. Tell. Jade." Logan parts his lips, ready to speak, but no words come out. He doesn't understand how dire the situation is. "Damnit Logan." I grab him by the collar of his white T-shirt and pin him against the wall. His head is thrown against it, suprised by my sudden actions. "WHAT DID YOU TELL HER?"

"I told her who was responsible for her brother's death..." My eyes widen and I drop Logan, staggering backwards. "Aaron, why-" I just shake my head and turn away, running after her. I have to find Jade.

"You have no idea what you've done." I walk through the hallways, not focussing on anything but what Jade is going to do. I run out the door, looking left and right. How do I get to her. I spot Jade's black and green motorcycle and pause, contemplating my decision. She wouldn't mind, would she? Of course she would, she would kill anyone who rode her bike. "But she wouldn't kill me..." I hop onto the bike, strapping her helmet to my head. The visor makes everything darker. "Woah... Okay how do I work this th-" I turn one of the handles and instantly I move forward. "SHIT!" I'm about to hit the iron gate when I jerk to the side, preventing a scratch on Jade's precious bike. "Yeah she's going to kill me."

I ride through the streets downtown, searching for Jade. I listen for sirens, gunshots, anything that would signal her whereabouts. Two helicoptors fly overhead, and the seem to be in a hurry. Bingo. I rev the bike forward just as a girl runs into the street, almost cutting me off. I brake as hard as I can, sliding to less than a foot away from her. "What the hell!"

Acacia's POV

I chase after my english bulldog as he runs into the street. "Harry! Stop!" He listens to me, wagging his stubby little tail. "We have to go! Come on!" Men were following us, they're after me. "Harry!" A guy wearing a black helmet brakes his motorcycle feet away from me, and he seems pretty shaken up about it. "What the hell!" I can barely make out his eyes behind the shaded visor he's wearing. I lean down and pick up Harry, keeping my eyes on the stranger. The men who were following me start to shout and my eyes widen. I turn to see three guns pointed at me. "Oh... hey guys..." I hear the reving of an engine, and before I know it, the dude wearing a helmet grabs my by the waist and whisks me off down the street. I close my eyes and tighten my grasp around Harry and my longboard.