Chapter Forty-Six: Waste of Time

Belle's POV

"Remind me again why we're doing this in my room?" Jade complains as she picks clothes off of the floor.

"You're our leader."

"Aaron's a leader too!" If she keeps whining I swear I'm going to slap her upside the head. "I just don't see why- well what do ya know," She stands up and drops more clothes in the laundry basket. "I have carpet." I roll my eyes and she smirks sarcastically as we move on to her dresser, which is covered with food.

"Why couldn't you be a normal girl and play with makeup." I say with a hint of disgust as I pick up an empty bag of mozzarella cheese. Jade raises an eyebrow at me.

"Really. Miss 'I make skulls out of playdoh'."

"That is art." I turn with my nose in the air. Jade lets out a 'hmph' and tosses a balled up paper towel into her trashcan.

"Food is art." I roll my eyes again and turn towards her green bed, which is perfectly made.

"It's like you don't even sleep here." Jade plops herself down on it and sprawls out.

"I don't. Usually I sleep in Aaron's room." I stop in my tracks and raise my eyebrows.

"Really?" She just nods her head and rolls onto her back.

"Sometimes we sleep here, but he always makes my bed." I smile at the thought of Aaron making the bed with Jade still underneath the covers. I know how close they are, but I didn't realize they had sleepovers every night.

"And what happens, when you, uh, sleep over." I ask casually as I wipe down her dresser.

"We sleep." Jade says blatantly as she tosses a pillow into the air.

"Separately?" Jade laughs.

"What're we gonna do? Sleep together?" She pauses and looks up at me with a shocked face. "Oh." Her cheeks get red and she hides her face in a pillow. I laugh at her childlike behavior.

"You're cute."

Theres a knock on the door. "Hi ladies." Aaron takes one step inside, wearing his usual smiling face.

"Hi." I say cheerfully. Aaron glances over at Jade, who is still burying her face in her pillow.

"You okay Jade?" We hear a bunch of mumbling, but nothing can be understood. Aaron gazes around the room with his hand still on the doorknob. "Why don't we just do this in my room?" I cringe as Jade throws her head back dramatically, looking at me with her pillow imprinted face.

"Yeah Belle, why don't we?" I hush her as I throw away the damp paper towel.

"Because," I say as I wipe my hands off on my shirt. "You have to show people that you aren't that crazy girl who locks herself in her room all the time. You need to be more open." Jade groans and rolls over on her bed, but she rolls too far and falls off the side.

"Ow." Aaron rushes over to the side of her bed and helps her up. "I don't need assistance."

"Okay then." He let's go of her and she falls back down, hitting the floor harder than the first time.

"Fuck you man." Aaron looks at me with a laughing smile spread across his face. He hops over the fallen pillows and high fives me.

There's an obnoxiously loud knock on the door. "Is this where the orgy's at?" Dan asks enthusiastically with a stupid grin on his face. Li walks past him and slaps him on the back of his head.

"If you're going to be a pig, the least you could do is be grammatically correct." She walks over to Aaron and I and winks at us as Dan saunters into the room. He clicks his tongue and shoves his hands into his skinny jean pockets.