Chapter Forty-Nine: Heart

Heart

Jade's POV

I stand in front of my mirror, taking in the work Belle did on me. She managed to get my hair to curl, which is close to impossible. I pull out the bobby pins, letting my hair to fall and cover my left ear. My fingers pick at the bigger curls, pulling them apart in order to undo them. I feel like sleeping with curls isn't a good idea. My eyes look incredibly bright, and in a good way this time. Belle took into consideration my request that she not pile eyeshadow onto my eyes like she did last time, mainly because it's a pain to take off and I'm inpatient.

I rub my eyelid with a makeup remover wipe, and, not going to lie, it's cool how it really works. I have to be careful when it comes to my eyelashes, they're long, thick and fall out easily. A gift and a curse really.

I hate dresses, especially ones that I have to wear heels with. I reach behind for the zipper when I see a shift near the entrance too my room through the mirror. I sigh and drop my hands, placing them on my hips. "Come on out Aaron." Invisible arms loop themselves between my arms and around my waist. Aaron melts into sight and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"Hi." He smiles innocently into the mirror and I roll my eyes, reaching up and lighting yanking at his hair. "Need help with your zipper?" I nod my head and pull my hair around to the front so it doesn't get tangled. "You were amazing out there." He adds while unzipping my dress. His eyes are glued to my back. "I just thought I should tell you." I smile at him through the mirror as I try to shoulder off the sleeves. They're skin tight, which makes this very difficult.

"Thank- ugh." Something somewhere goes wrong and both my arms are stuck on the same side of the dress. "Help." Aaron laughs and peels the dress off my shoulders, giving me enough room to pull the dress down to my waist. I gasp when I realize what just happened and turn around to look at Aaron, who has covered his eyes with his hands.

Belle told me the dress was supposed to be worn without a bra, so that's what I did.

"I didn't see anything. I promise." I chuckle lightly. I'm not self conscious about my body, but I know Aaron is weird about nakedness. He respects me too much.

"Aaron, it's okay." I speak softly as I reach up to pull away his hands. "They're just boobs." Aaron backs away, keeping his hands glued to his face.

"Yes, but they're your boobs." He backs himself up against a wall and stop. I can see his rosy cheeks under his hands.

I'm impulsive. It's one of my worst qualities. I don't think before I act, and most of the time I don't regret what I do. Plus, I'm a terrible decision maker.

That's why I'm not terribly surprised when I kiss him. I can feel the surge in his body as he takes a few seconds to comprehend things before kissing me back. Another thing to love about Aaron. He doesn't question things when they happen, he just goes with it. I think that's why we get along so well.

He lowers his hands and moves them to my face, which is not where I thought he'd put them. I shimmy out of the dress and kick it across the room before feeling up his chest to find his tie. Aaron shoulders off his jacket and throws it across the room, right next to where my dress is. I try and help him unbutton his shirt, but my hands slip and I accidentally tear it. "Oops." Aaron licks his lips and kisses me again, moving us away from the wall.

"Don't worry. It's Dan's."

When our formal outfits are both finally on the floor, Aaron scoops me up into his arms, and I let him. He lays me down on my bed, which I forgot to make this morning. That's a lie, I never make my bed.

I breathe heavily when our lips are disconnected, attempting to catch my breath. Aaron's bright blue eyes never leave mine, as if all we see are each other's eyes. His arms cradle me, and I feel comfortably safe. He takes turns kissing my lips and my cheeks, sometimes my neck. I don't mind. It's Aaron.