Chapter Fifty: December 17th

December 17th

Jade's POV

Floating is weird. I don't like it. I especially don't like when my hands and feet are bound so that I can't move. Magdouchebag over there learned from Stryker's mistakes. He uses titanium chords for my hands and feet, and then he placed me on a floating table surrounded by large floating hollowed disks, also made of titanium. He really out did himself this time.

I'd be telling him all of these things if he didn't have a rag taped to my mouth. My tongue feels like a prisoner. Every time I try to say something it sounds like I'm screaming into a pillow.

I notice Pyro, the punk looking dude with spiky bleach blond hair. He's hanging around in the back, talking to another punk looking dude with long brown hair and a cut off leather vest. If I remember correctly, Kitty told me his name was Avalanche. Magneto's stupid goons. I don't see him but I wouldn't be surprised if Pietro was around here somewhere.

Magneto is busy talking to a girl with obnoxious blue hair. It's not Belle's blue, therefore it's wrong. Normally, I'd be able to hear them, but my super duper hearing doesn't work in this giant slinky. I can read lips, but Magneto's back is to me. All I see the girl mouth is 'yes, I got through to him' and 'they know'. Who knows? What the fuck is going on?

I remember leaving last night, after the whole Aaron thing. I remember getting to the border of New York and Maine, but that's it. Somewhere between there and here I was drugged and tied up.

Honestly, this might be a good thing. There's no way Aaron can find me now. I don't want him to. I left to protect him, and maybe now that I'm actually gone he'll get it through his stupid head. I only have two hours left, then I'll be free of the stupid curse. Maybe I can go back...

Magneto finally turns around, giving me an opportunity to get his attention. "Hmmm! Hmmmm!" I can't make any other sound, but he hears me and smirks.

"Well well well, look who woke up." He rips the tape off of my mouth and pulls out the rag, allowing me and salivate freely again. "What do you have to say for yourself, Jade? Wandering around, alone, that late at night?" I swallow and lift my head up.

"How many fucking abandoned warehouses are there in the state of New York! Seriously!" These things are trouble. I don't know how I keep ending up in these kinds of situations. Magneto's smirk fades, but his eyebrow shift show he's intrigued.

"We're not in New York, my dear. We're in Maine." He walks in circles around me, watching me like a vulture. "Do you know why we're in Maine?"

"No, but I bet you're going to tell me." I say sweetly, batting my eyes innocently. Magneto laughs, slapping his hand down right next to my face.

"I like you Jade. I really do." I watch as he slides his hand back, resuming the circling. "I look forward to working with you."

"When did I start working for you?" I ask seriously, craning my head back so I can look him in the eyes.

"Not for, my dear, with. As equals." He stoops down next to me, grabbing my cheeks with a single hand. "Imagine the things we could accomplish."

"M nut werking wit you." I spit out with immobilized lips. He lets go of my face and shakes his head.

"I could hurt a lot of people, people you care about."

"I'm practically swooning." Magneto snaps his fingers, making the table I'm tied to bend backwards, stretching my spine.

"You can make all the jokes you want, Miss Azalea." He leans in close, hoping to threaten me by entering my personal bubble. "But the reality is, I am the most powerful mutant alive, and I could make your life very difficult." He snaps his fingers again, releasing the chair.