Chapter Forty-Two: Just Let Me Take Care of You

Just Let Me Take Care Of You

Aaron's POV

I wake up in my room, in my bed, with Logan sitting in a fold up chair by the door. "Logan?" I barely make any sound as I attempt to sit up, but I find that one of my arms is in a sling, and the other one hurts like hell. Actually, my entire body hurts like hell.

"Hey hey, don't move." Logan gets up and helps me lay back down. He fluffs up my pillow so that I don't hurt my neck trying to look upward. I furrow my eyebrows and look around the room.

"Was it that bad that you needed to babysit?" Logan shakes his head and peeks into my closet.

"No, you've been stable for a few hours now. Jade on the other hand," He looks back at me with a smirk on his face. "We had to drug her in order for her to leave your side. She was up for three days straight while they worked on you." My window opens and Jade stumbles into the room. She freezes when she sees Logan. "Looks like the drugs wore off." Jade gives him a closed mouth smile and takes a step towards me.

"I've got it Logan." He hesitates and she widens her smile. "I'm okay, I promise." Logan finally gives in and packs up his chair before leaving my room. Jade turns her head towards me and gives me a relieved smile. "Hey kid." She sits down on the edge of my bed and observes the cuts on my face and neck. I notice the white bandages on her arms and around her neck. I don't remember how she got the cut on her neck though.

"H-hey." My throat is really dry, so I sound like a chain smoker. Jade stands up and reaches into a small blue cooler that the foot of my bed.

"You should probably lay off the cigarettes." She jokes as she holds a water bottle to my lips. "God knows Dan smokes enough for the both of you." I cough a little but the water helps.

"Didn't know he smoked that much." Jade brushes my hair aside.

"At all is too much." I manage to nod my head. Jade sits up straight and claps her hands together. "Alright. So Storm said if you can sit up by yourself and down some applesauce that I can take you downstairs so..." She reaches into the cooler and pulls out a small yellow plastic cup. "I figured you'd like the kind with cinnamon." I smile and start to sit up, but the bruises on my body make it really painful. A high pitched 'help' escapes my lips and Jade grabs my uninjured elbow and pulls me up slowly. I move my legs so that I can sit up steadily, but as soon as I do I feel tears in my eyes.

"Ow. Ow. Ow." Jade cringes and rubs my back supportively.

"You dislocated your kneecap when Acacia dropped you..." I look up at her with a confused face but she just shrugs. "She feels really bad."

"Acacia's here?" Jade nods.

"And Terry and Lauren and Adrian." I nod even though I don't know who those people are. "You'll meet them later, but they have been given direct orders to stay away until you heal." I raise an eyebrow mischievously.

"By you or Storm?"

"It was a mutual agreement." I smile, but I smile too big, and the bruises on my jaw sting.

"Ow." Jade shakes her head and opens the applesauce for me. She hands it to me and I lift it to my lips. I've noticed that it hurts to open my mouth too wide, so I tilt back my head and drink the applesauce like a shake. I look back at Jade and grin in triumph, but I hadn't swallowed yet so a small bit of applesauce drips down my chin. Jade stifles a laugh and pulls a napkin out of the drawer of my nightstand.

"Aaron let me-" She reaches to wipe off my mouth but I turn my head so that she can't. "Aaron!"

"Jade stop. Don't." She keeps trying and I press my forearm against her stomach and push her away. Jade gives me a concerned look and rests her empty hand on her hip.