Chapter Fourteen: Professor's Conclusion

Professor's Conclusion

Professor Xavier's POV

"Storm?" I wheel myself around to behind my desk and pull out two files.

"Yes Charles?" Storm walks in and takes a seat in the red chair in front of me. I hand her one of the files and she opens it. "This is Aaron's file." She flips through the pages and looks back at me. "So what do you think?" I fold my hands on my desk.

"I think... Aaron Shield is a very stable young man. His gifts give him a lot of power but he doesn't exploit them. He uses them well. What do you think Storm?"

"The way he just melts into shadows... that is very unique. But, his ability to use those force fields for more than protection. Such as the staircase and the way he pushed the wall upward with one." I nod in understanding.

"And what do you have to say about his personality?"

"He is very charming. Very sweet. Genuine."

"And the girl?" Her facial expression shifts to a darker place and she purses her lips.

"Jade is a good fighter. And strong. Very strong. She also has quick reflexes and an impeccable aim. Confusing to read." I nod again in complete agreement, but Storm isn't finished yet. "But she is also very dangerous and unstable." She has a point. Jade would be a very good worker, an overall talented person, if it weren't for her temper. "She isn't a bad person Charles."

"Yes, I know Storm. I know."

"She and the boy have a unique relationship." I agree again with her. Aaron, so far, has been the only one able to calm Jade down. Sadly, even he failed once. "The way they are with each other... it's almost unbelievable."

"Even the sound of his voice calms her down, and vice versa."

"Yet she still hurt him."

"She didn't mean to." We both pause and turn our heads to the other side of the room. Aaron is leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and head down. "She can't control it."

"Control what Aaron?"

"Her temper." He stands up straight and looks at both of us. "And she didn't hurt me that badly."

"You were unconcious." Storm steps towards him and he waves her off."

"Yeah, well she crushed my rib cage, of course I passed out." Aaron takes a seat next to where Storm is standing and focuses his sight on me. "I wasn't ready. If I had been more prepared she couldn't have done that to me." He starts to chew on the inside of his cheek and closes his eyes. "The point is, Jade won't hurt me." Aaron stands up and walks over to the door but turns to look at me dead in the eyes. "And I'm not ever going to hurt her." Once we are alone again, Storm sits back down.

"He is too protective of her."

"And she for him. It's not healthy. They rely on each other." I pause, confused on the basis of their relationship. "But why would they choose each other like that. What do they have to offer that the other needs?" Storm shakes her head, unsure of the answer as well.

"She, with or without her swords, could kill anyone."

"And Aaron, with his shields, could protect them." Storm nods at me. "They are the ultimate team."

"Both a good and a bad thing."

"They balance each other out." Storm's grey eyes widen and she leans forward, whispering her worries to me.

"But what if one of them left."

"I don't think they would ever leave each other."

"You know what I meant... What if one of them was killed?" The thought has crossed my mind.

"All Hell would break loose."

Aaron's POV

I leave the Professor and Storm in his room. They have no right to talk about Jade like that. She isn't some monster, even though she seems like it. Everyone is worried that she will hurt me, but I can hurt her too! No one is worried about the mentally unstable girl, even though they should be. Jade can't help it. When she is around me, she's like some child that I have to watch over, always protecting and helping her. But when she's angry, and it isn't just us, Jade is the boss. She controls the situation. Jade is so used to being the bad guy, and it breaks my heart. She doesn't flinch when people avoid her, she didn't cry when her brother died. Jade doesn't even care that everyone is convinced that she is a monster. She's just that strong, but it also makes her dangerous. She knows that though, so does everyone else. I just wish they knew how dangerous I am.