Chapter Thirty Nine: Don't Drown

Don't Drown

Acacia's POV

I don't hear Jade scream, only Aaron. He keeps yelling for them to stop hurting her, so something must be happening.

I'm alone in the cell, yet again. My vision gets all blurry and I curl up in the middle of the room.

My friends just got here and now the same thing that happened to me is happening to them, except worse. I guess it's a good thing Stryker didn't have a personal vendetta out for me.

Jade on the other is not so lucky.

There's a gentle knock on the door, but I don't look up. "Acacia?" On instinct, I look up when my name is spoken. Damnit.

"What."

"Here." Lauren slides a glass of water through the window and waits for me to pick it up. "You'll need this." I slowly stand to my feet and make my way to the door. Lauren leans in close when I'm within earshot. "Throw it on the guards when they come for you."

"Huh?"

"They might come back to get you, and if they do, throw this on them."

"Why, what is it?"

"Water." Lauren says blatantly. I give her a concerning look but she just looks at me with expectant eyes.

"Okay..." She smiles at me and turns to the side.

"Oh, one more thing," Lauren points a finger at the glass. "Don't drink it."

When she leaves I go back to my spot on the floor with the water in my hands. I set the glass down in front of me and lean on my crossed legs so that I can observe this 'water'. I rest my chin on my hands and watch as little bubbles float to the top. "That bitch is crazy."

Orderly's POV

The girl is quiet now. Stryker is wiping the knife on the hem of his shirt. He goes to place it back on the tray and hesitates when he sees the long needle. "Jade, you forgot to remind me about this part!" He sounds like a disappointed father. "Oh well, we still have time." He turns back to face her and realizes she still has a rag in her mouth. "Oh let me get that for you... There we go." She closes her mouth and moves her tongue around inside in order to regain the moistness no doubt. "Now... Where were we?"

The girl's hands ball into fists and struggle against the restraints. Her eyes narrow in on Stryker's face and her lips form into a threatening smirk. "I'm going to kill you."

Stryker takes one look at her state and laughs. "Oh dear, we're way past that." He takes the long needle and holds it a little to the right of her belly button. "Now be a good girl and shut up." The girl's face contorts into a pained expression when the needle is pressed through her flesh. Stryker doesn't stop pushing it through her stomach, he keeps going. Sounds of pain escape through the girl's gritted teeth until the needle exits through her back and underneath the chair, which is when she finally screams.

The boy starts to scream from the corner of the room, his hand cuffs banging against the metal pipes he's tied to. "Stop, STOP IT!" I laugh at the pathetically desperate look on his face.

Stryker starts to feel the girl's stomach, mainly the area around the needle. "Amazing..." He says under his breath. "Your organs moved to avoid being punctured by this needle." He looks at the girl, who is currently struggling to breathe due to her inability to deal with the realness of the needle sticking out of her abdomen. "Do you know what this means Jade?" She starts to make whining sounds when he force her to lean up and look. "Your body naturally adapts to survive the situation it's being put in!" He stands up straight, his focus suddenly elsewhere. "I wonder... Have you ever been shot?" Jade's eyes widen and she looks over to the boy for help. Stryker nods to me for a gun when the boy speaks up.