Chapter Fifteen: Date

Date

Jade's POV

Aaron and I talk about what they had done to us, purposely making us angry to see the result. "They shouldn't have done that. I could've killed Logan..." Aaron slams his door closed.

"Oh my God Jade! Stop acting like you are the only threat! You aren't!" I'm surprised by his out burst, he never yells at me.

"What's wrong?" Then I notice. "Aaron... You've been looking a little dark lately." His hair was almost completely brown and his eyes were dark with rings underneath them. I really need to start noticing these things faster.

"Oh yeah? Thanks for noticing sweetheart."

"Whats wrong with you?"

"What's wrong? Ha! If only you knew." He faces the window, refusing to look me in the eyes. I can see veins bulging out of his now paler neck. "Jade... I want you to see me."

"Uhh excuse me?"

"I'm going to lie on the bed, and let myself turn dark. I want you to watch and you are not to help me."

"You're crazy! I'm not gonna be a part of this! Now if you'll excuse me I have a date to get ready for." I leave the room to get ready, but pause once I close the door. I have a date. Well this is an odd turn of events. Kitty lent me a short, black pencil skirt and lacy, red top that hangs off my shoulders. I wear my hair in a long side braid. My make up is just a thin coat of mascara, which is enough of a struggle. I keep stabbing myself in the eye with the little brush thing.

I'm about to leave but part of me wants to check on Aaron. I walk into the room to see him lying on the bed sweating. He's shaking and is clearly in pain. "Aaron!" I run to his side and brush his hair to the side. His eyes are open and are almost completely black. After shaking for about five minutes he stops and just lays there peacefully. I don't know what to do, my hands start to shake and my lips tremble. I lean down and listen for a heartbeat, which is only faintly coming from his chest. I pace back and forth next to the bed and comb my fingers through my wiry hair. A raspy sound comes from Aaron's throat and I rush back to his side. "Aaron?" I lean forward over him, my face so close to him that when his eyes flutter his eyelashes hit me in the eye. My lips brush over his as I hesitate but something inside me draws me to continue forward. I kiss him. His eyes close and I pull away. He takes a deep breath in as if he is coming back to life and his hair turns bright blond and his eyes turn the brightest shade of blue I've ever seen them.

Aaron's POV

I rush to the mirror and look at myself. My hair has turned into a light shade of blond and my eyes are the brightest they have ever been, "What did you do?" I turn to Jade. She blushes and avoids my glance.

"I-I don't know... I saw you just laying there... It was an impulse..." I laugh and she's startled.

"An impulse? So kissing me was an impulse?"

"Sorry... I shouldn't hav-" I cut her off by crashing my lips onto hers. I push her against the wall and pull away.

"Don't be." Our lips meet again. I tug her lower lip with my teeth and soon our tongues exploring each others' mouths. Her fingers are tangled in my hair and my hands are on her waist. My hands begin roaming her sides and I place one on her butt and give a slight squeeze. She yelps and I smile into the kiss. My hand is about the reach up her skirt when she breaks the kiss and pushes me off forcefully, pulling her arms back in once she realizes how hard she pushed me.

"I uhh... Really have to go..." She stumbles over to the the door, her eyes not leaving mine. "I have a date... I... a date... yeah... So bye!" She runs out of the room and I silently laugh to myself. Everything about that felt right and hopefully I will be able to do it again... But I was already pushing it too far. This is Jade, not some slut at high school who asks for it. The thought occurs to me that it was probably her first kiss and I smile. At least it was someone who cares about her. There's only one question though, why did Jade'a kiss have this affect on me?