Chapter Twenty-Two: Blue

Blue

Izabelle's POV

I'm staring at the courtyard through my window, tracing the the ring on thread around my neck through my fingers. I'm staring at the two people sitting on the fountain. I had completely interrupted them but what does it matter. The blond kid kisses the girl on the head and they sit like that for a few minutes before she gets up to go inside. I sigh at the looks on their faces. If only they knew what they meant to eachother. There's a knock on my door and I spin around. The girl from the fountain is standing in my doorway. "Hi..." She says meekly.

"Hey." She looks around my room and steps in. Her brown hair falls in front of her face and she wipes it to the side, giving me a better view of her face. She has a straight nose, a sharp feature. It matches her lips and eyes.

"Um... I just thought I'd introduce myself and say hi..." She steps closer to me and I'm getting uncomfortable. "I'm Jade." She sticks out her hand but I neglect to shake it. "And um... Hi." I nod hi again and turn around. "I like your hair." She says. My hair was falling out of its pinned form. Twigs still infested it. Then I realize she probably means the color and not the state.

"Thanks..." I try to pull the twigs out but fail miserably, making a bigger mess of things.

"I can help if you want-"

"No." I can hear a change in her stance, in her voice.

"You know I could be so much more mean to you." I turn around to see her with her arms crossed. Her face no longer looks shy and kind.

"Really? I dare you." She smirks.

"I came here to get better so I'm gonna refrain from hurting you."

"Oh thank you." I say in a mimicking tone. She turns and walks to the door.

"Who hurt you?" I glare at her. "Was it the person who gave you that ring?" She gestures to the ring around my neck. I grasp it in my hand and tell her to get out. She shrugs and leaves. Holding in my anger, I teleport to a random canyon. Standing on the edge I yell out into the open area. "FUCK YOU!" It echoes back, repeating what I said a series of times. I don't care what anybody thinks anymore.

I fall from the same tree in the courtyard. "Fuck... Why does this keep happening..." I stand up and brush the leaves off my shirt. I hear laughing and I look over to see Jade standing on the fountain with Daniel and the blond boy standing around her. Dan is talking and both Jade and the boy are cracking up. Why are they talking to Daniel. They don't seem like the type to like tattoos and gages. The boy glances at me. Jade places her hand on Daniel's shoulder and something comes over me. I'm about to transport right over her head and beat her face in but someone grabs me by the collar of my shirt.

"Nuh uh uh..." I choke a little bit and am lifted to my feet by the blond kid. "I wouldn't do that if I were you sweetheart." He brushes a leaf off my shoulder. "You see, Jade's reflexes are a bit... Extreme." I laugh.

"What did she do, kill someone?" I mock him. The look on his face tells me otherwise. "Look kid-"

"Aaron."

"Okay... I don't care... Go tell your girlfriend to get away from Dan." He laughs.

"She's not my girlfriend." He leans closer and whispers. "And the last time I checked, he isn't your boyfriend." I grunt in disgust and walk over to the fountain. When Dan sees me his face lights up but he tries to hide it.

"Izz-... I mean hey Belle..." I actually smile at him and walk to stand at his side. "You meet Jade yet?" I glare at her and he gets my answer. We stare at eachother when all of a sudden I fall to the ground.