Chapter Forty-Four: Therapy

Therapy

Jade's POV

Storm called all of us down into the training arena: Aaron, Belle, Daniel, and I. We walk onto the metal floor, the sound of several footsteps ringing throughtout the room. In the dead center sits Li. She's sitting with her legs crossed on a red checkered picnic blanket with a basket of food. "Hi..." I say unsurely. Her brown eyes gaze up at me and she smiles, patting the seat next to her.

"Pop a squat guys." I observe her. She's looking better, all her cuts and bruises are completely healed. She can now show off her hairless complexion with a pale yellow summer dress, which is odd for the November weather. "Lets talk." We all sit down. I'm in between Li and Aaron, who is next to Belle, who is next to Dan.

"So you're our shrink now." Dan finally puts two and two together.

"No." Li says, leaning forward and opening the basket in front of us. "I'm your friend." She tosses him an apple and he catches it. "Who just so happens to have a way of making people express their deepest," Li takes a bite of an apple herself. "Darkest feelings." Dan gulps and rolls the apple around in his hand.

"So this is like a groups therapy session?" Aaron asks, propping his arm up on his knee.

"Yes Aaron. Group therapy. Which means everyone will be sharing." I reach in to grab a cookie from the basket but she slaps my hand away. "Or no food." My lower lips pouts out as my stomach growls. Perfect. "Lets start shall we?" Li says, directing us more than asking for permission. "Jade, what do you think your biggest downfall is. One of your faults."

Storm's POV

Confusion overcomes Jade's face, her clouded eyes staring at the floor as if looking for answers.

"Ha that's easy." Dan snickers, rubbing the apple against his shirt. He whispers towards Li. "She's just a bit of a pyscopath." Jade lurches forward reaching for his throat.

"DO YOU WANT TO DIE TODAY DANIEL?" Aaron jumps forward, wrapping his arms around her waist and attempting to pull her back. Belle shoves Dan onto the ground, pushing farther away from Jade as well as signaling she wasn't please with his, as the kids say, dick move. Jade's eyes dim down as Aaron holds her close to him. She sits there, between his legs with her face in her hands. Daniel sits up with wide eyes. He clearly regrets his decision.

Li clears her throat, ending the silence and heavy breathing. "Well... That seems like a good place to start." Her brown eyes turn to Dan and he starts to speak.

"U-um... I-I'm sorry." He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath as Jade relaxes as well. "I have a history of hurting people with my words..." Li nods for him to continue. Then he launches into his life story.

Dan's POV

I look at everyone's faces; they're all expecting something. Better late than never I guess. "I used to have brown hair, like yours Jade. Not this," I flick at the gelled black strands in front of my face. "Black death color." I continue. "I used to be tan from hours and hours of football practice... I used to date the hottest girl in school." I turn to Belle, who's eyes look at me with conflicted feelings. I wonder how she feels knowing the Dan she knew is a fraud. "I used to be a jock. I used to be popular." I take a deep breath, trying to prevent myself from chickening out and telling another lie. "And I used to be a complete asshole."

~Flashback~

I'm walking down the hallway with Emily on my arm. Her long black hair falls over her tanned shoulders, allowing everyone to see her goddess like breasts. I'm greeted as I walk down the hallway, high fived by my friends, fawned over by the girls, and glared at by the nobodies. I stop at my locker and toss my bag into it, turning all of my attention onto my girl. Her hazel eyes send shivers up my spine, and I can't believe she's my girlfriend. "Hey babe."