Chapter Nine: Revealed

Revealed

Aaron's POV

I wake up feeling great. Jade isn't next to me, then I realize that I'm late to talk to the man in the wheelchair, Professor Xavier I think. It doesn't phase me though, this is the first time I havn't had nightmares since the incident. Maybe it has something to do with Jade sleeping right next to me. I leave the warm covers of my bed and stretch my arms behind me. Wearily, I walk to the dresser to find drawers full of T-shirts, jeans, and sweatpants. Throwing on a somewhat old looking black shirt and a dark blue pair of jeans, I open my door and peer into the hallway. There are doors on the left and right side, stretching down for what seems to be a mile. Amazing.

I'm downstairs before Jade is, and I cannot explain the awkwardness. The guy named Logan glares at me and I feel a little uncomfortable with his death glare. Still not worse than Jade's, I remind myself. She finally bursts through the door, her hair neatly pulled back into a pontytail that leads into a long braid that dropped to her mid-back. She's wearing black yoga pants and a black tank top. She's much more sporty than I am I guess... me just wearing a black T-shirt and jeans.

"Sorry I'm late." She breathed heavily. I raise an eyebrow at her, wondering where she couldve been.

"Very punctual I see," The Professor jokes as Jade sits down on the leather couch, "Ahh well, let's begin." I stop them there.

"Wait. What?" Storm places her hand on my shoulder reassuringly, which isn't as weird as it should be.

"Do not worry Aaron, we are just going to profile you."

"Meaning..."

"You will tell us your abilities and we will observe and learn how exactly we can help you." Storm gives me a small smile. Jade wasn't so sure about this.

"I don't see the point... how will this help us?" She's out of her seat now, using her hands to talk, which she does all the time. If you ask me, she's always been a bit over dramatic.

"Hold on," I say, "just give me a second with her." I pull Jade by the arm into the hall. "Please... just go along with this." She gives me a look and crosses her arms.

"But... they... can't help me."

"Yes they can! Look around you Jade, there are so many mutants here and it's all under control!" I can tell she's still unsure, mostly because of her expression. I'm going to name that look just because I see it so often. "Listen Jade, how about I make you a deal." She becomes interested and raises one eyebrow. No matter what, Jade cannot resist a deal.

"I'm listening."

"We will go along with this for a week, and if you still don't feel like this does anything for you then you can leave." She starts to nod then stops, just then realizing my words.

"You mean we leave right?" Her voice almost cracks as I shake my head.

"No. I'm not like you Jade, I can't roam around, I need someplace to call home... I'm sorry but if this doesn't work out then it's goodbye." She looks at me with her big green eyes and it makes me feel guilty, but hey, I'm trying the whole tough love thing. "So if you're unwilling to try then go ahead." And with that I walk into the room. Would I really let her leave without me? Probably not, but she doesn't know that.

Storm's POV

Aaron walks back into the room without Jade. "Where is Ja-"

"Not coming." He states quickly. He sits down and hangs his head, looking down at his hands, running his thumb from his palm to his wrist repeatedly.