Chapter Twenty-One: Her Hidden Secret

Her Hidden Secret

Logan's POV

I make my way down to the weight room and gym. Jade is lifting weights. "Hey." She looks up and sees me.

"Logan!" She doesn't even set them down, she just drops them and hugs me. I'm surprised of this because I just told her less than 72 hours ago of how I killed her brother, and less than thirty six hours ago she almost killed a guy.

"How's your arm?" I examine her bandage. I notice her left wrist too but I don't ask.

"It's okay. I wish I healed quickly but then I wouldn't get this awesome scar!" She enthusiastically shows me a healing cut the goes almost straight through her arm. She can tell I feel guilty from the scowl on my face. "Logan... It's not your fault." I shake my head and lean against a machine.

"Nah it kinda is." She's about to object but I don't feel like talking about it. "So why are you lifting? You're already strong enough." I playfully squeeze her unflexed bicep. "Holy shit Jade... You're ripped." She grins and lifts up the weights. "But seriously, why?" She sets them down on the bar and rubs her hands together.

"I wasn't strong enough to stop Magneto." She looks to the side and bites her lip.

"Ah, come on, you can't expect to. He can control your swords."

"Just like he can control every limb in your body?" She has me there. "I wasn't strong enough, but being so isn't impossible." She lays back and continues to lift.

"Jade-"

"Add one." I get up and add 100 more pounds to each side. She struggles with this so I assist her.

"Didn't you break your wrist?"

"Yeah."

"So why are you lifting weights."

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger Logan."

"I don't think that includes broken bones."

"I just have to have more strength." She finishes. "Physically and mentally." She walks over to the pull up bar and easily lifts herself up with one arm.

"Well I think you've got the physical part down." She sets herself to the ground.

"But how do you suppose I reach it mentally?" An idea pops into my mind.

"Come on. Field trip."

Jade's POV

Logan and I are walking down the hallway to the Professor's room. "Has anyone ever told you how the Professor... You know..."

"Became paralyzed?" He nods and I shake my head.

"Well years ago, like before any of this existed, Charles and Raven and Erik and some others tried to help the government stop a nuclear war." I raise an eyebrow.

"I know one out of those three people."

"Raven, or Mystique..." I make an 'ohhh' face. "Was his childhood best friend, they grew up together. So they saved the day but Erik wanted to start a war on humans and Charles didn't want that and Erik accidently caused Charles to become paralyzed." I tilt my head. "He was shot Jade." I stop walking and lean against the wall. "Erik was being shot at by a CIA agent and he deflected a bullet and it hit Charles."

"That isn't fair." I say boldly.

"Nothing is. After that, after all he did for the government... They turn on us and now wish to make us extinct." I start to snarl.

"Fucking bastards." Logan raises an eyebrow and actually chuckes. I then look at him questioningly. "So why are you taking me to him?"

"Erik started going by a different name after that..." I think I already know the answer. "Magneto..." Logan and I say at the same time.