Chapter Forty-Three: Fiasco

Fiasco

Dan's POV

(Two days earlier)

A loud knocking on my door forces me put out my cigarette and get up from my windowsill. "What!" I open the door to find an unamused Logan standing in front of me. I have to admit, there are few people that I let tell me what to do. They include the Professor, Storm, and Logan.

"Professor wants to see you." Logan nods his head down the hall and I get up. He heads down the hall and I throw on a clean T-shirt before leaving my room. I close the door and turn around, smacking into a short girl with blonde dreads.

"Excuse you." We say at the same time. Her light blue eyes look me up and down before letting out a huffing sound and walking around me. I roll my eyes and follow Logan into the Professor's room. Logan opens the door and I walk past him and sit down in the closest chair.

"Good morning Daniel." Xavier nods his head to me as he folds his hands together on top of his desk.

"'Morning." For some reason my posture always improves when I'm around these guys. Xavier's eyes look over to Logan and he nods again. Logan turns on the T.V.

The blonde newscast women is standing in front of one of the fancy jewelry stores downtown. The bar moving underneath her reads "Fourth Jewelry Store Robbed in Five Days". Logan turns up the volume so I can hear her annoying voice.

"Witnesses couldn't see the perpetrator. All they saw was a blurred figure because the man was supposedly running faster than humanly possible-" Logan turns off the T.V. and they both turn to me.

"I can see why this would be an issue..." I start off saying before getting cut off by the Professor.

"Good. I see we are on the same page." He folds his papers and places them in a tray off to the side. "Please tell me this isn't you."

"Professor I swear to God-" I pause. "It's gotta be Pietro. He's trying to make me look bad."

"That's the thing buddy," The silver haired brat walks out of the corner of the room. "It's not me either. I thought it was you." The very sight of his pale skin and blue eyes sickens me.

"How are we supposed to believe you? Do you honestly think Charles Xavier would ever be foolish enough to believe scum like you?" Pietro smirks and glances over to the Professor and I immediately feel my balls jump up inside of me. "Unless... of course... you were telling the truth." I fall into the chair obediently and hang my head. "Sorry Professor." He clears his throat.

"That's alright Daniel. It was a compliment in your own twisted way." I look up at him and see a slight twinkle in his eyes. "But you and Pietro will be working together in order to capture this boy." I accidentally let out a sound of disgust... Completely on purpose. "And you may choose three others to accompany you." I open my mouth to make a request: Belle, Jade and Aaron. "Miss Azalea and Mr. Shield are still resting, so scratch them off your list."

"Damn..." I sigh and think. Belle is the only person I think of. Storm an Logan won't join a case this small, and no one else is experienced enough. Kitty and Bobby are available I think...

"Can I make a suggestion?"

"Of course Professor."

"As you know, Jade brought back a few mutants from... Where she was... And I'd like for them to get some field experience." He lays out three files. "Acacia Hunter. She is sixteen and has bulletproof skin." I open the file and see the blonde girl with white and red beaded dreads.

"I ran into her earlier." I look up and close the file before putting it back on the desk. "And that has nothing to do with anything right now. Next?"