CHAPTER 29

A Second Chance In Love

My entire body feel much better after that blow minding sex Ethan and I just share. I splash water over my face once again before joining him back in bed. He lie comfortable on his back with his hands wide open signalling me to come into them. His arms feel warm against my body and I take in a full sniff of his sweet scent that I adore..

"Are you ok babe?" He ask rubbing his hands up and down my back gently.

"With us yea but with stone out there I'm not" I confirm letting out a worriedly sigh.

"I already told you Brook, I won't let him come no where near you or our son.... That's a promise" he state assuringly.

"Also promise me you won't let yourself get hurt... I don't want to loose you again"

The thought of loosing him again let me feel nausea. I want us to be happy again, no stress no worries but when will that be. I'm afraid to close my eyes and wake up not seeing him next to me.

Sometimes I wonder if this is a dream but if it is I don't want to wake up from it apart from stone being out of the picture. I never wish death up on anyone but if that's to keep stone out then I agree.

"You won't loose me baby, you won't" he say softly in a unsure voice.

"What did your dad say?"

"He's going to make some contact and get back to me tomorrow" he answer stroking my cheeks softly.

"He seems really nice" I quickly say wanting to stop thinking about stone situation.

"He's not" he bitterly say

My head shot up to meet his gaze, his eyes look dark and his face has a frown expression. Back then Ethan and I never talk about his family... He'll get mad about it and I'll give up. I didn't like pushing things but he need to forgive his father some day and Craig too for what ever happened between them.

"I'm sorry for what he did to your mom Ethan... My dad did the same to my mom but I find it hard to forgive him but I try. I think you should too" I softly say caressing his cheeks.

He heave a sigh" I will but I'm not ready... He Cheated on my mom after what she was going through. He's lucky I'm even talking to him" he curtly say.

I want to ask more question but his eyes full of pain and I could tell he's uncomfortable with the topic.

"Let's not talk about this tonight, I can see how uncomfort---

"Its ok Brook... You deserves to know, you always asked about my family and I'd get angry at you." His arms pull me closer and I rub his chest gently to comfort him.

"Growing up I always wanted to be just like my dad successful and caring for his family. My mind instantly change when he cheated on my mom after all the pain she was going through.

She act as if she was ok when she wasn't, she looked paler everyday, her hair look thinner and she lost a lot of weight. Apparently her husband start loosing interest in her without acknowledging the problem." His voice sound raspy and eyes watery.

"Babe we can talk about this another time" I softly say but he disagree.

"I need to let it out Brook even though it's painful to talk about" I nod my head for him to continue. " he started cheating on her and when she found out she didn't want to continue with the marriage. She then broke the news to us that she had cancer and it would be more painful to still be with him knowing he hurt her so much. Craig knew about dad cheating all this time but never said anything because he told him not to and he obliged. Its been hard to forgive them both after that" he finish sniffing.

Hearing that story make my heart ache. What his dad did to his mom was very cruel and I don't know how I'll act the next time seeing him. He seems so nice and friendly when we met earlier today. I'm glad he finally open up to me about his family although it was hard for him to do.

"I'm so sorry about your family..." I bite my lips before adding "but you should try forgiving them especially Craig he--

"If Craig wanted  my forgiveness he would left with me when I told him too but no he had to stuck around to lead after dad" he say angrily.

His eye brows crease, his eyes had a dark blue shade and he bite hard on his bottom lips. I knew him too well and I know he's very angry. The last thing I want is for us to go to bed angry at each other.

"So how is your mom now?" I ask hoping his mood will lighten a little which it did.

"She's still in England.... Last time we talked she said she was starting Chemotherapy. She's very strong I know she'll Make it" he say a bit sadly.

"She will.... When will we meet her, I mean EJ and I"

"Very soon" he reply with a wide yawn.

That's my cue to stop asking question and us to go to bed. I kiss him once on his lips with a soft 'goodnight' which he return. He cuddle close to each other few minutes later I hear Ethan softly snoring.

____
"Mommy where's dad?" EJ ask as I serve him his breakfast.

"Your dad left earlier to get some work done but you'll see him later" I reply kissing his cheeks.

A unsatisfied expression play in his face while he lift a spoon of cereal In his mouth. The passed days Ethan has been busy trying to find out stone where-about. His father still digging and I'm still worrying about the danger that could come across us. How soon before stone do something vile to Ethan or us.

To ease my worries of what going on, Ethan suggested we go out for dinner later. He want us to have a wonderful evening together and take our mind of things which I totally agreed with him.

"Why doesn't dad want to hang out with me anymore? Is it because I talked with his friend?" EJ sadly ask breaking my thoughts.

"No baby... Dad love hanging out with you it's just that he had a lot of work to do but once he's finish, you guys will spend a lot of time together' I cheerfully say.

"Really?" He muse

"Yea he's gonna show you all the cool cars at his company and you could pick the one you like" I continue cheering him up.

A wide smile plaster on his face and I feel proud of myself for being such a great mother. I slowly sip on my coffee forcing myself to thing of anything else but Stone. I have no idea what he looks like but I heard he's great danger back in CT.

I almost finish sipping on my coffee when I hear the doorbell ring. I put my tea cup in the sink and head for the door.

"Thank you for calling me back Brook" Bridget scoff walking past me inside the house.

____

To my wonderful and supportive readers, I'm sorry to say this might be the last update for now. This book will be on hold until further notice.

I'm dealing with some important business which I need to focus. I'm really truly sorry for this but I promise I'll try updating by new years. Thanks for reading.