CHAPTER 17

A Second Chance In Love

Week one...

That week finally ran out and I didn't showed up at work, I ignored all the called from the office. I ignored Craig, Leslie and his calls. I just want to forget about everything that happened. I was still hurt by the end of the week, the wound wouldn't heal.

Week Two..

I still didn't showed up for work, I lock  myself in whenever I'm not carrying EJ to school. I tried my best not to let him see me cry but I still break down at times. He questioned why I'm not going to work but I told him I'm on break. The wound still hasn't heal and I just can't stop thinking about Logan/ Ethan, what ever his name is. Only Bridget knew about this and she promised not to say anything.

Week three..

I lie on my back in bed staring at the ceiling while thoughts running across my mind. Tears start falling from the corner of my eyes while a quietly sobbing. I hate this feelings, its too much... What did I do to deserve all this pain? I pray night and day for the wound to heal but it still hurts. My heart still ache in pain and my mind wouldn't stop thinking about him.

**flashback**

After that day Ethan drop me off at campus, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I couldn't even concentrate on my studies properly. Later in the evening I stopped by the mechanic where my car was. The guys from early wasn't in sight and I was relieved.

"Hello" I called but no answer.

Did he forgot I'm suppose to pick up my car this evening? I huffed crossing my hands over my shoulder. The place was getting dark and I was feeling cold, the place was quiet and then I remembered he was mentioning something about crackheads this morning.

My body  shake at the thought and I looked around my environment, praying not to get attack by any crackheads.

"Looking for some one?" A voice said startling me.

"Yes... You, I was calling and no answer" I snapped

"You didn't call my name sweetheart" he smirked

I blushed at his  nickname but quickly composed myself.

"How much do I owe you?"  I asked pulling my purse out.

"Nothing" he replied

"W--what? You fixed my car right?  I asked and he nodd.

" so how much?"

"I said nothing but since you insist on paying, I'll like you to pay me by going on a date with me this Friday" he said.

His blue eyes staring into mine, did he asked me out on a date? What do I say? He's cute and all but he  insult me yesterday and this morning. Still I couldn't stop thinking about him and him asking me out was sweet....

"I'm waiting baby doll" he whispered in my ears, I jump at his breath fanning on my face and my cheeks turned red.

"Ok I'll say yes if you apologize for insulting me" I crossed my hands over my chest.

"I didn't-- OK I'm sorry... Now say yes" he demands

"Yes" I oblige.

A small smile creeps on his lips causing me to blush again. He hand me my car keys and I drove home can't wait for Friday and what I'm gonna wear.

**End of flashback**

I feel warm tears spilling down my face and I realize I'm crying. After that date my life change for good, I was always happy being around Ethan, I was excited to see him each day  and I became madly inlove with him....

"Mommy! Am I not going to school today" EJ ask climbing on to my bed.

"Why are you crying mommy?" He ask sadly.

I quickly wipe my tears and smile at him. " Mommy not crying, just having an headache" I lied

"I'm sorry mommy" he say hugging me.

Tears threaten to come again as I feel his little soft hands around my neck. Before the tears spill, I stuff them in quickly...

"Let's get you ready for school" I smile

"Catch me first" he stick his tongue out and run off.

"EJ" I call running after him.

I'm seriously not up for this today.

___

Finally I catch EJ and take him for his bath ... I dress him in a dark blue jeans pants, red shirt and his dark blue puma sneakers. I brush his brown hair neatly and all I could see when looking at him is Ethan.

Shaking that thoughts away, I bring him for his breakfast and then quickly head to my room for a quick bath. After stepping from the shower, I put my hair in a messy bun, apply minimum amount of make up. I put on a simple pink dress, that reaches above my knees and hug my body and a black stilettos with it.

"Bye honey" I kiss EJ's forehead as I walk him to class.

"Bye mommy" he smile

"I love you" I blow a kiss at him which he catches and place it on his heart.

"Love you too Mom"

He head off to class and I head back to the car. I pick my phone up and see twelve missed call from Logan, I roll my eyes throwing the phone in the passenger seat. Reversing out, I spot the black Ferrari car through my mirror. With all that's going on I forgot to report it to the police.

I continue to reverse out but then the car disappear in thick dust. I didn't think it safe to go home knowing it might follow me so I head to the park. A few people are here and I could clear my head out here. My phone start to ring again but this time it's Leslie. I feel bad not picking her calls over the past weeks, so I answer her.

"Hi Leslie" I answer softly

"Brook! Oh my god you're alive, what happened? You're not at work for the past weeks and you didn't picked my calls...  I was worrying about you girl" She say in one breath.

"I'm sorry I didn't pick your calls Les, its just that I'm going through alot right now and I need the break from work" I explain.

"Want to talk over lunch?"

"Yes sure text me where"

I didn't want to tell anyone else about this but Leslie is my friend and she'll understand. It's feel good to actually be out in the relaxing weather. I sit in the park enjoying the fresh air and the birds chirping. Person chattering and taking photos.

A message buzz on my phone Interrupting my moment. I open it seeing its a message from Leslie, to meet up for lunch and the restaurant I should meet her. I reply saying I'm on my way and head of to my car.

Just as I was about to open the car door, I feel someone presence behind me. Before I could turn to see who it was, a hand come to my nose with a cloth.... After that my vision becomes dark.

,____

Short chapter yeah, I'm sorry.

Will make it up to you in nect chapter.