CHAPTER 24

A Second Chance In Love

Ethan/Logan

She looks so beautiful sleeping in my bed, that's where she belong and I hope she agree to move in with me when I ask. I don't want to rush things so quickly but three plus years without her was torchering enough. Now that we have a son together, I want them close to me.

I know Stone is still out there and if he finds out it was Julius that die and not me, I know he's gonna search the whole earth down to find me. I can't let Brook and EJ get hurt and I'll protect them with my life. I smile looking down on the beauty next to me sleeping peacefully, she slightly snoring and her hair scatter over her face. I gentle remove the strands of hair from her face and kiss her forehead before getting off the bed.

I want to surprise her so I am planning to go get some of her clothes and EJ so we could hang out together today as a family.

___

After fetching a few of Brook clothes, I head over to her mom to get EJ. Remembering the last time here, I silently pray she doesn't attack me again even though I did deserve it. I hurt them all especially Brook and I'm going to do everything to make things right this time.

I press the doorbell waiting patiently for the door to open and in seconds it did.

"Ethan! What's bring you here so early?" Beatrice ask once she open the door. Her smile is light but warming.

"Good morning I'm actually here for EJ if you don't mind"

"Ofcourse not... Where's Brook?" She ask eyeing me.

"She's sleeping" I answer short.

"Oh so you two working things out then?" She question again and I nervously nodd.

"Oh good... I hope this time you don't mess up, don't hurt her again Ethan. She went through hell for the last three plus years, if you do anything to hurt her or EJ again.... I'm not just gonna use this piece of stick... Got it?" She warn seriously pointing the piece of stick at me.

"I promise not to hurt Brook again Beatrice and I'll never leave her or EJ ever" I promise truthfully.

She give me a brighter smile and pull me in a tight up. I always love this woman, she so kind, sweet and forgivable. She let me go shortly and head back inside for EJ. The plans I have today, I know it will put a big smile on both EJ's and Brook's face.

__

"Dad where are we going?" EJ ask for the tenth time.

"It's a surprise EJ" I tell him as the last nine times he asked.

"What surprise? Is mom gonna be there?" He ask amusingly.

"Yes mom will be there, we're going to get her then we'll be on our way to the surprise OK?" I assure him.

"Ok Dad" he muse sitting back in his seat.

I glance on him through the mirror, his face has a bright smile. I still can't believe I have a son, soon I'll have to tell my parents about him. I pull up in the garage and head to EJ side and unbuckle him from his seat and lift him out.

"Whooo!!! Pretty cars!" he excitingly say checking out everyone.

"Dad can we drive this one? It so cool" he muse pointing on the red Lamborghini.

"Sure right after we get Mom" I reply taking the small bag with Brook clothes from the car.

He squeal holding to my hands as we enter the house. I know Brook might be up and I left order with Haley to get her breakfast so it won't take long for us to head out. I don't want to keep EJ waiting and he's pretty much exciting about this.