CHAPTER 3

A Second Chance In Love

So mom told us our father is in the hospital because of heart attack. I know I should atleast feel the urge to go by the hospital but that feeling just wasn't near me. Both Brandon and Bridget dig into their food as if they didn't hear what mom said.

"So aren't you guys gonna say something or--

" Why should we care mom? He left us for that gold digger " Bridget scoff.

"Bridget!" Mom scowl her.

"It's true mom, we are not responsible for him, he made it clear when he left you for her.. So this shouldn't be your problem" Brandon murmur.

"For God sake, he's still your father.... What he did was very painful, I felt it in every part of my body but still he has been a good father to you guys, he support you financially--

" His money isn't enough mom! He didn't visit us not once, his money was just to show how guilty he was to left us-- to left you that did everything to make him happy " I angrily say.

My mom was there for him from day one, he threw away twenty seven years for some gold digger. She's just a couple age older than me, all she care about is shopping and driving the most expensive car. I'm not surprise of him having on heart attack because of the ton load of money he have been spending on her.

"I'm not going to see him" Bridget mutter.

"Me either" Brandon agree.

My mom look on me for my answer but I keep my gaze on my son who was drifting off to sleep. My poor baby, I quickly remove him from his chair and place him over my shoulder.

"Brook?" Mom ask and I mentally rolling my eyes.

"Mom I don't know, I'll think about it... I have to take EJ home now" I softly say kissing her cheek.

"Bye guys" I wave at my siblings.

"Bye sis" Bridget say giving EJ a quick kiss before heading to the sink.

"I'll walk you to the car" Brandon offer.

I took another look on Mom and I see how worry she look, she's still inlove with my father after what he did. I couldn't leave seeing her looking like that, after all he's still my father and it won't kill to pay him a visit. He did support us financially, he paid off my college fees, he's now paying Bridget's and sending Brandon through school.

"Mom, we'll go visit him tomorrow" I assure her

A small smile appear on her face and I earn cold glare from my siblings especially Bridget.

"Guys I know what dad did hurt us but after all he's still our dad and we will earn our blessing for this. So we all will visit him tomorrow OK?" I state

"Whatever" Bridget grumble.

"Cool I don't forgive him though" Brandon mutter.

"Me either" I breath out.

Mom mouth me a 'thank you' with a sweet smile, she's the biggest reason I'm doing this.

____

The next morning I wake up with a jolt, my eyes hurt when opening them and my head feel heavy. Why do I keep crying myself to sleep? It's been three years on the wound still feel fresh.

"Ethan why did you have to leave me in so much pain" I silently whisper.

If he was here I'll have someone to talk to about my father situation. I would have a bestfriend, he was my bestfriend, he was my everything, he left me with unbearable pain. But he left me with a sweet, funny, jovial, flexible and charming mini Ethan.

I smile  picturing my baby  face, he's so adorable. I get out of bed and to his room to wake him for school. I slightly push his room door open and I swear I hear him chuckling but I see him cover from head to toe sleeping.

"EJ! Sweetheart wake up" I gentle shove him.

"No... Want sleep" he say faking a sleepy voice  then I heard him chuckling.

He's just like his father, Ethan would pretend he's sleeping each time I woke him for work back then. EJ was doing the same thing, A sharp pain rush through my chest as I remember Ethan.

"Come on sweetie, I know your not sleeping"

"I'm sleeping Mommy, see" he pull the cover  from his head with his eyes tightly shut and showing his small white teeth.

"Ok I'll just eat all those chocolate cheerios by myself" I say teasingly

"No there are not yours" he jump up furiously.

His temper is as bad as his dad, I pray he wouldn't get that from his dad but he did. I would get complaint from Mrs Cole about his temper towards the other kids.

"Are you angry because you don't want to share your Cheerios with mommy?" I ask him sternly

"No- you said you'll eat it by yourself" he sadly sayvhanging his head down.

"I was teasing you EJ, I don't want to see you get that angry again, hear me?" I lift him chin up so he could face me.

"Yes mom" he softly say.

"Now its time for your bath"

"You have to catch me first"

Oh no! Not again...

**
EJ did gave me a warm time this morning, I'm really Late today when I have my first meeting and the bigger boss will be there. I heave a sigh and pull out of EJ's school.

Seriously? Traffic? On this day? Why? I mentally scream  knocking on the steering. I got stuck in traffic and I'm already ten minutes late. Today is just a bad day for me, I just hope the worst doesn't come.

Me getting fired....

I growl as I watch the stiff traffic and the time going up, I shouldn't be late today. It's my first meeting and the very owner will be there.... What if he fire me right away?

Stop thinking negative Brook Francis....

Finally the traffic died down and I press gas to reach work even though I am already twenty minutes late. I safely reach without an accident or getting a speeding ticket.

"Where have you been?" Craig ask as we ride the elevator up.

"Traffic I'm sorry" I apologize

"Logan already started the meeting, he hate that waiting on his employees.... He always say they are the one to wait on him"

"Oh crap! I'm in trouble aren't I?" I shriek.

"I hope not, lets go"

I quickly walk behind Craig as we step out of the elevator on the twentieth floor. The meeting was keeping  in the large board room down the hall.

"Thanks for coming to get me" I say to Craig.

"It's my pleasure" he wink pushing the large glass door.

All eyes turn to us and the speaking stop, I feel so embarrass. My first week of work, first meeting and I'm fricking late.

My breath stop when I see the man standing at the front staring back at me. His blue eyes look familiar, those lips I remember.

"Ethan!"

_________

Yea yea!!! Don't hate me the next chapter is just ahead.... I hope you're enjoying....

Please remember to vote

Comments and recommend....

Oh yea! Before I continue can I get:

30likes
10comments

I need you support to motivate me more.... If you like my story please rate it up.

Hope I'm not asking for to much.