CHAPTER 11

A Second Chance In Love

"So are we settle for tomorrow?" Leslie ask as we wait on the elevator to open.

"Sure yea, EJ would be exciting, he like going to the park" I tell Leslie as we walk in the elevator.

"Lilly too, she was so excited when I told her we are going to the park this weekend and she'll be meeting a new friend" Leslie smile

"I can't wait to meet her"

The ding of the elevator Interrupt us, Leslie and I exchange a goodbye hug as she exit the elevator. I feel lonely being on the thirtieth floor with just Logan. Speaking of him, I haven't laid eyes on him since we kissed. It's Friday which mean I don't have alot of work to do and I'll be leaving early. 

My stop come in no time, I exit the elevator walking down the hallway. A slight pain attack my abdomen and I frown knowing what it is. I quickly open the door to my cabin, once I reach inside I close the door and grab my emergency pouch from my back.

After doing my business in the bathroom, I arrive around my desk and start doing some work. Two hours later the pain become stronger and I frustratedly turn out my bag searching for some pain killers. I always travel with them but I can't seems to find any. I frown at the ringing of my phone without looking on the caller ID, I press it to my ears.

"Hello" I faintly answer, pain getting stronger in my abdomen.

"Brook how are you? Mom wanna know if you're coming over for dinner today" Bridget speaks from the other line.

"Sure, you mind picking EJ from school today?" I ask much softer.

"Sure thing sis, what's wrong?" She ask worry.

"Monthly visit"

"Oh my! Want me to bring you some pain killers?"

"No thank you, I'll just run by the near by pharmacy for some. Remember to pick up EJ"

With that we said our goodbyes and I hang up. I hate having my monthly, the pain is terrible and I've been having this problem since I was teenager.  Whenever my monthly came, Ethan would stay by me all day and fed me with chicken soup then hand me ibuprofen 200mg. Once he rubbed my back comforting me, I'll drift off to sleep and woke up with no pain.

I grab my purse and lazily stand from my desk, I feel like my body is scrambling down. The pain feel similar to my labor pain with  EJ, Gosh! It's unbearable. I weakly walk to the door, tears springing in my eyes and my breathing becomes heavily. I manage to reach the elevator but fails to open the door because I was so damn weak. Gladly the elevator open and to my surprise he was standing there staring at me.

"Are you--

" I'm fine" I growl trying to straighten my self and hiding the pain.

It was impossible because a sharp pain appears and I quickly hold on to my belly and groan.

"Do you need a doctor?" He ask holding on to my waist.

As angry as I am at him, I couldn't find the strength to fight with him so I Allow him to touch me. I'll just deal with him after the pain ease.

"Brook please say something" he plead sounding worried.

"I-- need painkillers" I choke out, not feeling embarrass of him figuring out I'm on my period.

"You need to lay down, I'll get you some pain killers" he reply and I nod.

My eyes were tightly shut and I swear I'm going to having another baby. The feeling is awful, my entire body weak and I feel like puking my inside out. I feel my self been lift off the floor and my head rest on a comfortable shoulder.