CHAPTER 15

A Second Chance In Love

"Am I getting shot today mommy?" He ask worryingly.

"No baby, the doctor is just gonna check on your arm so you can stop wearing the sling" I assure him all will be fine.

It's two weeks since his accident and today I'm bringing him to the doctor for his check up and so he can stop wearing the sling. He's worrying about getting shot today because he's afraid of it.

"Are you sure mommy?"

"Yes baby no shot for EJ today" I say cheerfully.

"I love you mommy" he say wrapping his tiny hand around my neck.

"Awe! I love you too baby"

__

EJ and I sitting down waiting on the doctor to call his name. I gave him my phone so he could play games since he was complaining about being boring. I should get to the office in an hour time and I'm just hoping the doctor could speed up a little.

One thing I hate is the smell of hospital, seeing these poor patient in pain and their families crying for them.

"Ethan Junior Johnson" the doctor call  and my head snap to her direction. I remember her from the last time I was here with EJ.

"Coming" I reply leading EJ to the room she points to.

We enter the room, the air-conditioner hit my face as I walk pass the door. I help EJ up on the bed while I take a seat on s chair  infront him.

"Hello Doctor" I greets

"Hello Miss Francis, how are you?" Her smile was warm and Sweet.

"I'm good" I return a sweet smile.

"And how is my little superstar patient doing?" She turn to EJ, rubbing his cheeks.

"I'm super duper good doctor" EJ smile rising his right hand in the air.

Doctor Kim did a check up on EJ and he was doing well. She then take the sling off and EJ cheers, clapping his hands. He was good to go and we say our goodbyes to doctor Kim and went on our way.

__
As the elevator goes up and stop at the twentieth floor, letting a few employees out, I remember Craig hasn't return from England yet and it's over a two weeks. I walk down the hallway, clutching my bag close to me and the sound of my heels tip-tapping on the white tiled floor.

I reach my cabin door, punching in my password when I hear footsteps coming my way. I smile inwardly knowing it's Logan and I can't help the excitement that grows inside of me just thinking about him.

"Hey you" the familiarity of the voice cause me to snap my head in his direction with a wide smile on my face.

"Hey you're back, Gosh! I missed you" I exclaime hugging Craig as tight as I can.

"I missed you too sweet face" he say hugging me by my waist.

Someone clear their throat and I look over Craig shoulder, only to see a serious looking Logan. His hands tuck in his pocket, his blue eyes pacing through my body and I can't read his expression other than how serious he look.

"Hello brother" Craig greets him as I pull away.

"I didn't know you work on this floor" he say rudely glaring at Craig.